We obviously don't go out to eat much

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We generally go out once a week and that's mainly to get me out of the kitchen for one night out of seven! Like others here, we cook better at home than most restaurants so going out and being happy is a challenge. Since the wife and I both drink, we'll get 1-2 each which really drives up our cost! We 'budget' for $75/meal for the two of us with drinks.

To us, most restaurants here in OK area use too much salt. Mostly because I use very little and would rather use spices like cumin, sage, smoked paprika,.... And, our quest is for food better than we make at home not quantity which seems contradictory to most here.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest thing we’ve noticed about our eating out habits is over the last couple years we have become ffaaaarrrr less adventurous. It’s one thing to try a new sit down place and be out $35 to $40 (3 to 4 years ago) and didn’t like it. But same place or place like it and be out $60 to $70 and not like it?! That just hurts my feelings.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Going out to eat is my vice. I don't drink, do dope, gamble or any of that stuff, but I love to sit down across from my lovely wife and have a meal, usually something we can't or don't cook at home.

I took her to a nice place last night, food was out of the park awesome, service was great. We had appetizer, tea, and each an entrée. Cost about 80 bucks. Worth every penny.
…and the name of the nice place is?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went to lunch today somewhere we haven't been for a while, and at a new location we hadn't been to before. Jason's Deli in Bixby. We always enjoyed the 1/2 sandwich (ruben) and side salad, because the salad bar is always great, and the corned beef on the ruben is always stacked high. We usually don't get sodas, but we did today. $39.80! It was good, but not that good. Eating at home again... Makes us appreciate our other places we like, and can get out the door for much less.
Go for lunch specials and cut coupons. It's the only way I can afford some stuff. Avoid evening meals because you get the same food with increased prices. You can look that up.

One Japanese Hibachi place where they cook your meal in front of you has a $7.99 lunch.

Abuellos, TGIFridays, Texas Roadhouse, Red Lobster are all out for a while. I use the Upside app to get cash back too.
www.upside.com

My preferences are BBQ, Sushi, Chinese, and ma and pa diners.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go for lunch specials and cut coupons. It's the only way I can afford some stuff. Avoid evening meals because you get the same food with increased prices. You can look that up.

One Japanese Hibachi place where they cook your meal in front of you has a $7.99 lunch.

Abuellos, TGIFridays, Texas Roadhouse, Red Lobster are all out for a while. I use the Upside app to get cash back too.
www.upside.com

My preferences are BBQ, Sushi, Chinese, and ma and pa diners.
Find you some local places, my dude. Go to the Mexican part of town. When you see a taco joint with loads of work trucks parked outside for lunch, you found the spot.

Don't order Tex Mex dishes. see what the roofers and lawn guys are eating and ask for that.

Those guys won't tolerate mediocre food or high prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom