I kind of like this guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your the one that need to wake up yes pipes will freeze even thou no water is coming thru the meter, im not the one having the problems but i look way beyond my own nose and see what other people thats not as fortunate as some has to go thru, i have lived thru these times in the past and have had to work out in it most of my life so dont get high and mighty.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay.

I concede I was incorrect about the water freezing in the walls of not emptied.

However, it's not my job, nor the Citys job, to ensure your constant comfort.

That's the salient point.

And, I notice no comeback about the auxiliary heating.

ETA: It takes very little foresight to take care of ones own problems, especially with a weather event that was heavily publicized in advance.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what he overlooked and was probably pointed out to him is that there's a significant number of elderly, disabled, or otherwise unfortunate people who simply are not capable of getting off their ass and doing something. It's great that he can, but some people simply can't.

Regardless of whether and under what circumstances he is correct, it was a stupid thing for a public servant to post.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if tax dollars paid his salary?

As long as the .Gov takes taxes out of my check or through property and asset taxes like Texas does, you damn straight you owe your citizens something.

If the utility companies want to charge all their “fees” above what the actual fuel cost is, you damn right, I expect to stay warm in my house and be able to flush my toilet.

they literally had one job to do, and they failed.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if tax dollars paid his salary?

As long as the .Gov takes taxes out of my check or through property and asset taxes like Texas does, you damn straight you owe your citizens something.

If the utility companies want to charge all their “fees” above what the actual fuel cost is, you damn right, I expect to stay warm in my house and be able to flush my toilet.

they literally had one job to do, and they failed.

ah if life was that simple. Cut and dry is not the norm of today. This world is far more complex than that. Well never see those days again.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Certain services are provided through the utility companies and they are paid handsomely for doing so. This is a given and is expected. Other than that, the citizens should be conscientious enough to provide for his or her family and not expect the government to provide them with the other essentials of life such as food clothing, housing or medical care. The people have become complacent and lazy and now expect the government to provide all of the aforementioned at no cost which means free. But, nothing is free, someone somewhere is toiling at some mundane job all of their life paying taxes to provide everything for the freeloaders.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes the TRUE hurts. I heard in one tv channel the Castro dude was talking about the federal government having more power over Texas energy grids. Yeah that's going to make things a lot better for Texas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom