I like this Cruz fella.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He'll never go anywhere in politics - he makes too much sense and appears to actually stand on what he believes in. Him and Rand will fade into the background so younger McCain-types can slither their way into congress and eventually become the next puppet in the white house.

Cynicism, thy name is EZ Bake.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Larry Pratt (ED of Gun Owners of America) told me last year at a conference that Ted Cruz and Steve Stockman (just-elected congressman from NE Houston) were both the real deal.

Can't say as I agree much about the Zionist lackey bit. Maybe it's true; maybe it's not. Just like there wasn't a Communist behind every tree (only behind the cameras), the idea that there's an evil Zionist banker behind every talking head is one of those things I guess we'll all learn for sure someday. The Canadian bit definitely would be points against, though!

I would don the beanie myself if that's what it took to visit the Wailing Wall but I don't care too much for secular Zionism in its pure form.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you read about him getting yelled at by other "Republicans" over the gun debate?

Time to start voting more Cruzes into office IMHO.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did you read about him getting yelled at by other "Republicans" over the gun debate?

Time to start voting more Cruzes into office IMHO.

You'll probably like his wife, Heidi Cruz, too. She works for Goldman Sachs. Sachs managed to make $3 billion from their AIG connection. Anywayz... Cruz is an opportunistic snake in the grass.

http://www.dailypaul.com/231718/the-real-ted-cruz

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll probably like his wife, Heidi Cruz, too. She works for Goldman Sachs. Sachs managed to make $3 billion from their AIG connection. Anywayz... Cruz is an opportunistic snake in the grass.

http://www.dailypaul.com/231718/the-real-ted-cruz

You mean he is a politician just like both Pauls????

Seriously like all political types you take him with a grain of salt, but he is much better then 95% of them on the hill.

I can also not find a single hint as to when his wife went to work for Goldman Sachs. Was it after the banking collapse or before?

Some real background on Cruz not from his political enemies.

Ted Cruz encourages banks to leave Chicago because of Rahm Emanuel

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/29/t...hicago-because-of-rahm-emanuel/#ixzz2S0nrA0lH

Cruz served as a law clerk to William Rehnquist, Chief Justice of the United States, and J. Michael Luttig of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.[22][2] Cruz was the first Hispanic ever to clerk for a Chief Justice of the United States.[23]

Cruz served as an associate deputy attorney general in the U.S. Justice Department and as the director of policy planning at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission under President George W. Bush.[21]

In 2003, Cruz was appointed Solicitor General of Texas by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott.[2]

Cruz has authored more than 80 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including nine before the United States Supreme Court.[2][21][24] In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz drafted the amicus brief signed by attorneys general of 31 states, which said that the D.C. handgun ban should be struck down as infringing upon the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.[24][25] Cruz also presented oral argument for the amici states in the companion case to Heller before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.[24][26] Cruz did legal work during the Florida recount during the Presidential campaign of Bush/Cheney 2000.[27]

In addition to his victory in Heller, Cruz has successfully defended the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds,[21][24] the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools[21] and the majority of the 2003 Texas redistricting plan.[28]

Cruz also successfully defended, in Medellin v. Texas, the State of Texas against an attempt by the International Court of Justice to re-open the criminal convictions of 51 murderers on death row throughout the United States.[2][21][24]

Cruz has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America,[29][30] by The National Law Journal as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America,[31][32] and by Texas Lawyer as one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century.

A link on the Heller case.

http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=88251874

Last edited:

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom