I love having chickens!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found these two rascals chowing down on my eggs today. It was kind of funny cause the smaller one got stuck trying to go back through the chicken wire...that egg got him in the end.

The larger one surprised me out in the pen this evening, and all I had was my P938. Didn't have time to run for my hoe, so I let him have it. Hated to waste a round of Federal HST, but it did the job. Suck on that, you .45acp lovers!! (Just kidding, I love my .45s)

Attachments

• image-2528435959.jpg
    image-2528435959.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 259

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I was closer to you. I would like to have had them two Rat Snakes to put in our Hay Barns. I know you had to do what you did, and don't blame you a bit. I miss having Chickens too! I think I am going to build us a pen here where we are living till the wife retires. Then it will be on the farm for good.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I was closer to you. I would like to have had them two Rat Snakes to put in our Hay Barns. I know you had to do what you did, and don't blame you a bit. I miss having Chickens too! I think I am going to build us a pen here where we are living till the wife retires. Then it will be on the farm for good.

Yeah, if they'd stay away from the eggs, I'd keep them around to control the mice. To be honest though, I still jump just a little every time I see one.

I really do enjoy having chickens though.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are having quite the dilemma here also.

1. 2 hens are brooding and eggs keep disappearing.

2. Wife is wanting a new/different door to the chicken coop. I don't think it is necessary, at this time.

1+2 = She will soon be gathering eggs and SOLVE the disappearing egg puzzle which in turn will SOLVE the new door situation.

Unintended results may be I take one to the hip for laughing. :pms2:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are having quite the dilemma here also.

1. 2 hens are brooding and eggs keep disappearing.

2. Wife is wanting a new/different door to the chicken coop. I don't think it is necessary, at this time.

1+2 = She will soon be gathering eggs and SOLVE the disappearing egg puzzle which in turn will SOLVE the new door situation.

Unintended results may be I take one to the hip for laughing. :pms2:

Oh man your ornery, but I like your train of thought! It will be a good door to build knowing how it was destroyed! If only it could be filmed !!!!

My wife tore up a pen one time when she reached in and petted a possum and it hissed! Lol!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look like black snakes?

I have a 6' black snake living in my old shop building. I find his shed skin on occasion. No mice problems!

I have seen them on occasion robbing eggs from chickens, wrapping around them to break the shells. Its an interesting process to watch.

I love my black snakes!

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've held off on getting chickens. In the meantime, we've discovered that we have a 5-1/2 foot rat snake living it back. Good to know so that I can take precautions when we build our coup. We watched a couple of jays attack him all the way across the yard the other day. He must have been trying to get at their eggs.

IronMLS72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found these two rascals chowing down on my eggs today. It was kind of funny cause the smaller one got stuck trying to go back through the chicken wire...that egg got him in the end.

The larger one surprised me out in the pen this evening, and all I had was my P938. Didn't have time to run for my hoe, so I let him have it. Hated to waste a round of Federal HST, but it did the job. Suck on that, you .45acp lovers!! (Just kidding, I love my .45s)

Best looking snakes I've seen right there, dead ones. Black, Rat, they all have the same last name, snake...... 45 round well spent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom