I love where I live and how we respect guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BRYAN COUNTY, OK -- In the wake of recent mass shootings, one Texoma sheriff's office is encouraging people to get armed.

The Bryan County Sheriff's Office has a stack of Concealed Handgun License applications in their lobby.

In the wake of last week's tragedy in San Bernardino that left 14 dead, and the shootings in Paris, the Sheriff's office is encouraging residents of Bryan County to practice their second amendment right to bear arms.

"I decided I never wanted to be a victim again," Alicia McDaniel said, who has her CHL.

Alicia McDaniel is a mother of four.

"Having it empowers me, it makes me feel, I guess where I can protect myself and my children," McDaniel said.

McDaniel got her CHL after a run in with some people in her neighborhood.

"The more good honest citizens that are armed, they're able to a deter a lot of things," Bryan County Sheriff's Investigator John Haislip said.

For the first time, they're encouraging people to come pick up and fill out Concealed Handgun License applications, in the wake of recent mass shootings in San Bernardino and Paris.

"I think it's a frightening thought for everyone," Haislip said.

Bryan County Sheriff's Investigator John Haislip says he doesn't worry about crime rising with more guns on the streets, because to get your handgun license, there's a background check, a gun safety course and convicted felons aren't able to apply.

"We're kind of pushing this process right now," Haislip said.

He says being armed can even curb a crime from escalating and says he wouldn't mind seeing everyone in Bryan County, who's capable, to be armed through having a CHL - with a small catch.

"By capable I mean, responsible enough to handle the situation," Haislip said.

"Someone's less likely to shoot you if you have a gun pointed back at them too," McDaniel said. "They might think twice."

"I'm 18 right now but as soon as I'm 21 I plan on getting my concealed handgun license," McDaniel's son Zachary Jett said.

"Guns aren't something to be necessarily afraid of, you have to respect them, but you don't need to be afraid of them," McDaniel said.

Investigator Haislip says always be aware of your exits in case of an active shooter situation - and if you do have your concealed license and have a gun drawn, that you put your gun down as soon as law enforcement arrives so there's no confusion with who's who.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is getting to be a trend. A sheriff in Upstate NY, a COP in Fla, and a college president in the last few days have encouraged their folks to start carrying.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are probably more that aren't being reported.

I'd just bet there are, as the MSM is very strongly anti-gun. Now, if there's a sheriff or Police Chief that is urging their people not to do it, THAT will be reported.

The very fact that these are doing it tells me that there are a lot more. These are just the tip of the iceberg.

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Chief of Detroit has spoken out a few times in support of CCW/gun ownership, as has Sheriff Clarke from Milwaukee County, these smaller towns a lucky if they even get regional media coverage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom