I need a back surgeon. (And maybe lasik / firearm familiar optomitrist)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz-

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2017 I had a microdiscectomy down S5 L1 or whatever it is low. Mostly good some aches and pains and extra if I stress it. But I finally did something a month or so ago and it's gotten more serious again with sciatic pain and sometimes getting shocks up my whole spine.

Looking for neurologists. I have an ortho surgeon a coworker recommended, but I'm leaning towards wanting an actual neuro. Ortho can probably look at some hand and other issues I've had going from soft suburban life to having a mini farm I labor daily at.

I'm also due for glasses and havn't been happy with pairs in a long while, hoping to find a real Dr that is better than the right a quick prescription dudes attached to eyeglass places. I have a mild condition that causes one eye to basically focus harder/slower to the main eye, not sure if that's the cause but I've had issues being able to readily quickly focus correctly on various optics and just day to day sometimes struggling with transitioning focus to different distances.

Whether your neuro is under my health insurance might be another thing, but for something so critical, be nice to find someone truly solid.

Tulsa region a big big plus.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For neurosurgeons , I’ve heard good things about Dr Karikari in Okc. Specializes in lower back.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check with Oklahoma Spine and Brain there at 71st and Hwy 75. Dr. Chris Covington did my L3-S1 fusion15 years ago and I haven’t missed a beat or had a moments trouble. I had three discs that didn’t exist anymore and my legs had quit working. Scared myself one time since then lifting something I shouldn’t have because the truck crane was tied up but it’s been flawless. I was out of there two days after the procedure.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife just had cervical spine surgery and I was going to suggest her Doc (neurosurgeon) in Lawton who did a great job. Thought you were in Frederick according to your bio but that’s a long way from Tulsa. Hope you get it worked out.

Fitz-

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife just had cervical spine surgery and I was going to suggest her Doc (neurosurgeon) in Lawton who did a great job. Thought you were in Frederick according to your bio but that’s a long way from Tulsa. Hope you get it worked out.
Out of Date, Pryor

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Dr Lance Smith out of Edmond for mine. I had bulging disc on one side and stenosis on the other side, making my spinal cord look like squeezing a water hose shut.

Fitz-

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies keep them coming, since finding someone under my insurance probably will be tricky part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom