I need some help choosing a frame combination.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these frame and background combinations do you like the best, second, third?

• 5. Black frame tan background

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6. Black frame grey background

• 8. Ornate frame with tan background

• Total voters

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I'm good at art but suck when it comes to framing. Which of these combinations do you like the best? I have three frames and three backgrounds so you have 9 combinations of which to pick 3.

I don't like the old rustic grey barnwood frame on this because I feel it would be too much old wood. Besides, to me, the newer frames tell the viewer the piece is art not just decoration.

Please vote for your favorite, then second then third.

1. Brown frame with white background

IMG_5275.JPG

2. Brown frame with tan background

IMG_5277.jpg

3. Brown frame with grey background

IMG_5276.jpg

4. Black frame white background

IMG_5274.JPG

5. Black frame tan background

IMG_5278.jpg

6. Black frame grey background

IMG_5280.JPG

The last three are in the next post.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no artist either, but looks to me like the frames detract from the art. Any way to mount it on a frameless background?

I thought of that, but I don't want it to get bumped off the wall. Parts of it are fragile.
I could mount it on a gesso board or a plain artist's canvas. I could make a back part that mounts to the wall, then the art would attach to the mount.

Sorry guys, I've been in and out of the ER for a few days and I was unable to respond.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom