"I want beef, chips, ribs, and burgers"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG! I am SO offended! It's almost like they've been watching us waddle in to fast food places....

Before one disparages the French too awful much, you might want to read just a tad bit of history. The Francs, right up through WW1 were absolute badasses, and our friends during the Revolution. They have had a major impact on the globe in many areas, not the least of which is food.

Currently France is one of the few European powers that has a large party trying to regain and preserve national identity.

The United States is....well we have some really good rappers, and our chili cheese fries are good....

Vive Le Pen!

Perhaps they should be reminded why they aren't speaking German
Let me guess...the 1911?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG! I am SO offended! It's almost like they've been watching us waddle in to fast food places....

Before one disparages the French too awful much, you might want to read just a tad bit of history. The Francs, right up through WW1 were absolute badasses, and our friends during the Revolution. They have had a major impact on the globe in many areas, not the least of which is food.

Currently France is one of the few European powers that has a large party trying to regain and preserve national identity.

The United States is....well we have some really good rappers, and our chili cheese fries are good....

Vive Le Pen!

Let me guess...the 1911?
They didn’t fair to well in the Franco Prussian war. But yeah, US owes a lot to France as well.

I love the 1911 joke.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Vive Le Pen!

Let me guess...the 1911?
How abut D Day?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oddly enough those men never said anything disparaging about the French.
I've read the works of veterans who were in the occupation force after the German surrender, and their evaluation of the Frogs wasn't exactly rosy, especially when they were talking about the difference between them and the Germans (basically, they said the French did little but ***** and moan about the Allied presence while expecting them to fix everything, whereas the (West) Germans went to work cleaning up their country). By their descriptions, they were also treated much better by their vanquished foes than by their supposed allies.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've read the works of veterans who were in the occupation force after the German surrender, and their evaluation of the Frogs wasn't exactly rosy, especially when they were talking about the difference between them and the Germans (basically, they said the French did little but ***** and moan about the Allied presence while expecting them to fix everything, whereas the (West) Germans went to work cleaning up their country). By their descriptions, they were also treated much better by their vanquished foes than by their supposed allies.
Well I never said they were the equivalent of the industrious Germans. I'm pretty sure the Vichy weren't the ones wanting stuff fixed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom