Burgers and fries...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Burger Place in Huntsville, Texas had a 1/2# burger that mixed their meat 50/50, beef and mutton.

They would sell out, most every night.
After the Gates biowarfare, they had supplier troubles and ended up closing.

Caught leg of lamb on sale, at Sam's, after Christmas. Out of nostalgia, ground one and mixed with brisket burger. Wif doesn't care for any mutton, so I don't much, very often.
Adds a kind of sweetness to the taste, grill it in some butter. Grill some red onion with it. Toast bun in the butter.
Awesomeness beyond compare.

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best burgers ever were at Coleman's in Okmulgee ! I'm so sad they closed it and tore it down. Great pies also. I would always stop there to and from Tulsa but I don't make that drive anymore since all of my family that lived there for the last 75 years have now passed away. But I still remember the burgers we would get there.
When did they tear Coleman's down?
Hell I live in Okmulgee and didn't know

mahatma

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When did they tear Coleman's down?
Hell I live in Okmulgee and didn't know
Last time I drove through there to Tulsa was probably 2 or maybe even 3 years ago. Certainly pre-Chinese flu days. It was torn down completely and still a pile of rubble. If I'm not mistaken there is another Colemans in town somewhere but not the original on the highway.

It is on Seminole Avenue I believe and I have no idea if it is any good or not because I have not been back through there to even try it since that last trip. I just don't have any reason to go there any more since all of my family from Okmulgee and Tulsa have passed away.

Let me know if you try the new one if it is any good.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to add Charcoal Oven to the list of favorites.

Theta Burger with Onion Rings!!!

1706134432707.png

1706134484478.png

Iz y'all hungy yet?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom