Burgers and fries...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bills Jumbo Burgers in Tulsa.
Next is Squish burger in Mounds
View attachment 447470

damn-ice-cube.gif

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paw Paws was awesome when I was there last (about 25 years ago)
J&W Grill in Chickasha is also good
Rons...hard to beat the ole sausage burger
Tuckers use to be good, kinda sucked last time I went
Sids is always good
Dairy Mart in the big town of Union City has a great burger!
Minco has a Sid's now.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but chili’s is my favorite burger right now. Their 3 for me deal is one of the best food deals out there. Burger and fries, drink and a cup of baked potato soup or other appetizer for 11 bucks. It’s easily enough for two meals. Best burger I ever had was at a place called Blue Sky in Amarillo. Their fried jalapeño strings were even better than the burgers.

That's what I get whenever we go, but I get the chips and salsa instead of the tater soup. I used to get the chili, but last time I did, it sucked. It was so bad, I complained to the waiter and he told me it used to be made there by hand, but now they buy it pre-made and frozen.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Western Cafe on Western and 47th in OKC was some really good onion burgers, always packed at lunch. Then there was Doc’s on 63rd Street, across from the old Pearls location, they had onion rings made from red onions and a spicy batter. This back in the 90’s. But like all good things they are no longer open.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There’s a guy on FB who drives all over Oklahoma looking for the best burgers. I put a few of them on my list.

Locally I still like the old Hamburger King on E. Main in Shawnee. Not as good as it used to be but still pretty solid.

I was there about 7 years or so ago. They were excellent then. But I always forget about them.

For chains I like Freddys when they are burnt and crispy around the edges. The Hamburger King in Shawnee had good old fashion drug store counter type burgers but I haven't been there in quite a while so I don't know if they are still open. Bell Isle Brewery in OKC has the best Honey Pepper Bacon Burger.
The last couple of times I tried Hamburger King they were serving soy burgers. I haven't been back there in almost two years now.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Growing up I ate at a place called Jim's Burger Haven in Denver. Man it was good. Took the family back 25 years later and begrudgingly convinced them to indulge me. It was still amazing.

On N Sheridan. Great burgers and one of my favorites. Can't believe someone else mentioned it.

The Hub in Kamiah, ID had the best burger I've ever eaten. Closed now, I think...and reopened under a different name. Shame...

Effie's Tavern in Lewiston, ID had the biggest burger I've ever seen. A 1 lb patty and a massive bun. Damn good, too.

Locally, the Brick House in Ada is good. But they really cheap out on the onion rings. They served me 3...three...with my burger. But the burger was really good.

My perfect burger has cheese, L/T/O and jalapenos. With mustard. Never mayo or ketchup. Bacon is always welcomed, too.

I never cared for Carl's Jr burgers. But the had some good ads and a great slogan: "If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I were eating deer burgers for many years because we just did not buy ground cow from the store.
I came home one day and the air smelled odd and dinner was burgers.
Wife said you are not going to like it.
WHY? I asked.

She said I got lazy and went to the store and bought ground meat to make burgers because I did not want to thaw the deer meat out.

She said it tastes like a cows hind end smells.
She then said you need to make darn sure that we do not ever run out of deer meat.

OH that was 20 years ago.
35+ years for us eating nothing but ground deer or elk.
I did have an amazing burger tonight though in a restaurant.
1/4 lb of beef burger and 1/4 lb of shaved medium rare prime rib from a smoker with red onion, pepper jack cheese, bacon and lettuce. Absolutely dripping with juices.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Boston one week for training on a softwarehouse system. I couldn't for the life of me find a burger joint so in desperation, I flagged down a Boston cop walking his beat. I asked where there was a good burger place to eat.

"Bewrgers?" "Dey gots good bewrgers ovah dere at da Stone Soooop."

It was $15 bucks for the worst Bewrger I have ever had in my life.

Last week we went to S ad B's. I had the Smokin Okie without peanut butter.

THE SMOKIN' OKIE Grilled jalapenos, smoked Gouda, bacon, mayo, & BBQ sauce. Slider 5.29 / Full size 8.49

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom