I Was Reminded Today Of Why I Like Self-Checkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped in OnCue this morning for a coffee and donut. Went to the counter, the young lady scanned the coffee cup and rang up the donut, without speaking a word. Then just frowned at me until I read the terminal to know how much to pay. I paid, she gave me my receipt, and continued her frown until I turned and left . Not a word, period.

Later this afternoon I went into the Walmart market, gathered my items, scanned them, paid the machine, and was finished, and the machine actually said "THANK YOU" as it printed my receipt.

And then I hear on the news about the minimum wage being raised.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm addicted to Kum N Go coffee. Many times I've stopped at a location (not knowing the clerk) and been given a free cup when I approach the counter.

Not sure what you're doing wrong, David.

FWIW - they have robots that will do anything now, just in case you're curious.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Lowe’s the other day and walked to the self checkout to ring my stuff up and pay. Before I even got to the scanner, some employee was asking if I need help, nope , got this I replied. She bird dogged me until I paid and left. Not sure of the purpose of self checkout if an employee is going to stand there and watch.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped in OnCue this morning for a coffee and donut. Went to the counter, the young lady scanned the coffee cup and rang up the donut, without speaking a word. Then just frowned at me until I read the terminal to know how much to pay. I paid, she gave me my receipt, and continued her frown until I turned and left . Not a word, period.

Later this afternoon I went into the Walmart market, gathered my items, scanned them, paid the machine, and was finished, and the machine actually said "THANK YOU" as it printed my receipt.

And then I hear on the news about the minimum wage being raised.
I just stare at the employee and do nothing until they acknowledge me.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Lowe’s the other day and walked to the self checkout to ring my stuff up and pay. Before I even got to the scanner, some employee was asking if I need help, nope , got this I replied. She bird dogged me until I paid and left. Not sure of the purpose of self checkout if an employee is going to stand there and watch.
LOL, yep you ran into over helpful bored out of his mind guy that just will not take monosyllabic answers and a scowl as a hint....... Happens at HD a lot , them happy bastidges trying to be helpful and stuff LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom