I40 Memphis Bridge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to Atlanta this week. Think I'm gonna change the route and see some new country for the middle part of the trip.

:patriot:
My sister drove through on Friday. Said it added 30 minutes. A bunch of us have a wedding in NC next weekend and get to drive through this mess. I bought plane tickets instead.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are planning on our trip to Gatlinburg, TN next week. I have been looking at alternate routes to get around Memphis. They all seem to add about an hour and a half or so to the total trip.
Thought about flying but once we bought the tickets and rented a car for the week, we are looking at an additional $2200. Not good.
Maybe the detour is as bad as I was thinking since it only added 30 minutes to @El Pablo sister's trip.
I'll keep monitoring the thread to see if anyone knows of anyone that went through Memphis.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are planning on our trip to Gatlinburg, TN next week. I have been looking at alternate routes to get around Memphis. They all seem to add about an hour and a half or so to the total trip.
Thought about flying but once we bought the tickets and rented a car for the week, we are looking at an additional $2200. Not good.
Maybe the detour is as bad as I was thinking since it only added 30 minutes to @El Pablo sister's trip.
I'll keep monitoring the thread to see if anyone knows of anyone that went through Memphis.
My parents and friends go through tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They hit the backup at about 3 pm, were back on i40 at 4:30. They guess it added added 45 min to an hour. Will greatly be affected by time of day. Your other option are head north on i55 and cross on i155 or go south to Helena, ar and cross over on 49 which are both well out of the way depending on which direction you want to go. If going to Ohio, Kentucky, etc the i155 route would work. When going to Nashville, etc, best be is prob to just grin and bare it over i55.

Latest posts

Top Bottom