Idiot with stupidly outfitted dually truck behaves as expected during cop pursuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like every other guy running from the cops. I don't know where the "roll coal and fling rocks" comment came from. That's about the normal amount of smoke under heavy acceleration in an old diesel, and rock always fling when you're driving like a fool.
That wasn't an old diesel though, it had to be deleted and tuned to roll coal. DPF prevent coal on "newer" Rams began in 2007 or 2008 iirc. That Ram wasn't very old I don't think.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That wasn't an old diesel though, it had to be deleted and tuned to roll coal. DPF prevent coal on "newer" Rams began in 2007 or 2008 iirc. That Ram wasn't very old I don't think.
You are correct. The dpf on the 6.7 Cummins began in 2007.5. The truck in the video is a 2010 at the oldest and I really believe it’s considerably newer. Definitely dpf deleted and fuel turned up. Those pit maneuvers didn’t stand a chance against that wide stance dually.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You are correct. The dpf on the 6.7 Cummins began in 2007.5. The truck in the video is a 2010 at the oldest and I really believe it’s considerably newer. Definitely dpf deleted and fuel turned up. Those pit maneuvers didn’t stand a chance against that wide stance dually.
Definitely, the difference in stability when towing, especially heavy, with a dually vs a single rear wheel is night and day.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was tuned to "roll coal" we'd have seen a lot more smoke, that was my point. If you tune a truck to smoke out mosquitoes you get a big bellowing smoke cloud that lasts. This was just a worn out engine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom