IDPA Oil Capital July 25 Saturday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saturday July 25th brings Oil Capital’s IDPA match. 7:30 set-up, 9:30 sign-in, 10 AM walk-thru. Expect 6 stages for about 125 rounds. $12 match fee with $10 for OCR&GC members. Shade on every bay and bulk cold water too!

If the weather continues to be moderate (not triple digit) we’ll shoot a Classifier on the 25th. Cost will be $5. It will commence on multiple bays after the main match is complete and put away, probably around 2 PM or a tad later. Go to the IDPA website for the COF, round count, etc. See link: http://www.idpa.com/classify.asp

Oil Capital's September match is moved to the 3rd Saturday, the 19th, to work around the following weekends IDPA National Championship in Tulsa at USSA.

Location link to Oil Capital: http://www.ocrgc.org/location.htm

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am planning to attend this match, I am a new to IPDA... I'll basically be shooting my uspsa production rig...

is there anything else I need to bring or wear or plan for?

I looked through the rule book but I'd still like a little clarification of what's allowed/required (aside from the 10 rounds a mag stuff)

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am planning to attend this match, I am a new to IPDA... I'll basically be shooting my uspsa production rig...

is there anything else I need to bring or wear or plan for?

I looked through the rule book but I'd still like a little clarification of what's allowed/required (aside from the 10 rounds a mag stuff)

You will need a concealment vest. If you production rig includes a DOH you will eventually need to get an IDPA legal holster. We usually let new shooters run what they brung for a couple of events.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some sort of garment that covers your gun and mags is necessary. When you're not shooting, its okay to remove the garment if you wish; I always do when its warm outside.

The typical IDPA match looks like a photographer's conventions, sans the cameras. Don't go buy anything special before your first match. We see Hawaiian print shirts, cut-sleeve M-65 jackets, sport coats and a little of everything else for cover.

Don't go buy special holsters or mag pouches before your first match. Any safe strong side holster is okay. If you lack mag pouches its fine to carry mags in your pockets.

You can use you USPSA Production rig for your first local match or two. USPSA rules allow gun/equipment as far around as the hip bone; IDPA rules move them back to the body mid-line, as viewed from the side.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a elderton special that my office bought me, it looks like sooper hooper, and i have a few of his single mag pouches... and they gave me a stupid 5.11 hunting vest :)

so i should be good to go...??

SKTK135

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jack,

Quick question. I have a 13 year old daughter who enjoys shooting. I would like to let her shoot some matches with a G17 equipped with a .22 conversion. I know it won't count for anything but I think she'll learn the game faster and I don't think she's quite ready physicly to handle a centerfire and its recoil while trying to cope with stages and rules and safety.

Same question for you guys at USSA. Any problems?

DarkLaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will there be a qualifier at the next one [I guess August's]?? I'm new to IDPA - so new I haven't even attended one yet - but I HAVE read the entire handbook and good to go.

I assume, from what I read, it's typical that new shooters can enter without having been classified yet?

Thanks and I look forward to this!! I can't wait!!!!

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jack,

Quick question. I have a 13 year old daughter who enjoys shooting. I would like to let her shoot some matches with a G17 equipped with a .22 conversion. I know it won't count for anything but I think she'll learn the game faster and I don't think she's quite ready physicly to handle a centerfire and its recoil while trying to cope with stages and rules and safety.

Same question for you guys at USSA. Any problems?

I'm pretty sure that we would not have an issue with that. The more shooters the merrier and it is your call as to her progression. I, for one, welcome this obvious safety and comfort aspect of her training.

Latest posts

Top Bottom