If Mama Ain't happy....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
You need to add a taxi cab checkerboard stripe to your rig...lol

1689870977715.png

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last Spring I bought a new BMW R1250RT. First bike since I sold my '02 Roadking back in 2015.
It is an awesome machine, I have really enjoyed it.
My wife hated it. Absolutely F'ing hated riding on it with me. She couldn't get comfortable and didn't feel secure.
We've been married 41 years. She's been throwing her leg over the back seats of my motorcycles for 43+ years.
She told me she wouldn't ride with me on the BMW and that she wanted us to get another Harley.
Got to keep the wife happy.

It's a 2013 Electraglide Ultra Limited. 45,000 miles on it.
We've put close to 350 miles on it in the last 3 days and she is a happy camper.

I'll miss the BMW but I'd rather have her on the back and happy than sitting at home and moping.
Happy wife, happy life isn't always the way things are, but it's a lot more likely than not. Wife and I have known each other for 43+ years, been together for 42+, and married for 41+. I considered very hard buying a Norton 750 Commando that already had my name on the matching helmet. Was going to rid it from Vegas to San Antone. Couldn't quite swing the price, and gave up on riding because I nearly killed myself on the little Honda 160... And Once & Future wife told me it was good. She'd recently seen a guy bisect himself on a power pole. Wouldn't have married me if I'd shown up on motorcycle. She's recently regretted that choice, but it's 41+ years too late to worry about it now. Enjoy riding with her while you can. Mine is back in the ER tonight. I fell asleep at home waiting for reliable wheels to come home. Don't know how she is yet. Currently absorbing caffeine & protein so I'm safe to drive a few miles... And she's ready to leave me alone.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy wife, happy life isn't always the way things are, but it's a lot more likely than not. Wife and I have known each other for 43+ years, been together for 42+, and married for 41+. I considered very hard buying a Norton 750 Commando that already had my name on the matching helmet. Was going to rid it from Vegas to San Antone. Couldn't quite swing the price, and gave up on riding because I nearly killed myself on the little Honda 160... And Once & Future wife told me it was good. She'd recently seen a guy bisect himself on a power pole. Wouldn't have married me if I'd shown up on motorcycle. She's recently regretted that choice, but it's 41+ years too late to worry about it now. Enjoy riding with her while you can. Mine is back in the ER tonight. I fell asleep at home waiting for reliable wheels to come home. Don't know how she is yet. Currently absorbing caffeine & protein so I'm safe to drive a few miles... And she's ready to leave me alone.
When I left the ER at 5:30ish this morning, they were planning on doing surgery. Just woke up, no idea what has happened so far. No phone calls or messages. Just the dog waiting for someone to let him out. Harkening and obedience to the dog!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers for the wife, Bill

Nice ride Larry.

I sold mine about 40 years ago. Wif didn't like riding with me, 3 kids made priorities different. We talked about getting another, when I approached retirement., decided a boat would be better.
Bought the boat, she got sick and we've been out 3 days, this year. Looks like she is getting better, hopefully and boat time will increase significantly. Either way, our time will be spent together.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy wife, happy life
On a semi-related note, comedian Jeff Allen used to have that phrase trademarked. He said someone else tried to use it, so he had to sue to protect the trademark. He won the case and was awarded $20K in damages, but it cost him $25K to do it, so he decided that keeping the trademark was going to be a pretty good way to go broke, and he released it.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers for the wife, Bill

Nice ride Larry.

I sold mine about 40 years ago. Wif didn't like riding with me, 3 kids made priorities different. We talked about getting another, when I approached retirement., decided a boat would be better.
Bought the boat, she got sick and we've been out 3 days, this year. Looks like she is getting better, hopefully and boat time will increase significantly. Either way, our time will be spent together.
Thanks. All prayers gratefully accepted! She's in for the surgery now, they'll supposedly call me when she's done.

She told me a few days ago I should start interviewing for her replacement. Told her I'm not interested in replacing her. I just want her well and feeling better. Good would be really nice!

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. All prayers gratefully accepted! She's in for the surgery now, they'll supposedly call me when she's done.

She told me a few days ago I should start interviewing for her replacement. Told her I'm not interested in replacing her. I just want her well and feeling better. Good would be really nice!
Doc called, told my son they took care of her and her bowel obstruction. Now for healing.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doc called, told my son they took care of her and her bowel obstruction. Now for healing.
Big hole, and took out a chunk of the intestine. Hoping they keep her long enough to get that (8-10") long slice mostly healed. Also removed the mesh that was put in during one of her hernia repairs years ago. She's in major pain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom