If real...this is the best game camera picture I've seen yet!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if it's legit or not but I saw it in Facebook, the picture is being shared quite a bit on their so I don't know who originally posted the picture. Supposedly taken some wear near Jacksonville, Tx. Thought some of you would enjoy it.

Freaking awesome if real!

i39.tinypic.com_2afz9sz.jpg

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.buckmanager.com/2009/05/21/mountain-lion-really-killed-this-whitetail/
Readers of this site know that I usually write about deer management and anything related to hunting and white-tailed deer. In addition, I do my best to get the facts correct before publishing content that I feel is accurate and helpful to hunters and land owners such as yourselves. Well, about a month ago I wrote an article that featured the photo above of a mountain lion dragging a dead buck, and stated that the photo was a fake. As it turns out, the photo is not fake, but a really amazing trail camera photo taken on a ranch in South Texas.

Every deer hunter that has spent any amount of time in the woods, or more appropriately around a campfire with other hunters, has heard stories related to mountain lion sightings. In fact, that’s one of the best things about getting outdoors and into the wildlife woods–you just never know what you are going to see. And speaking from experience and these photos below, there are some pretty amazing things going on in the “woods” all of the time.

Photos, like campfire stories, are not always truthful. Before writing the first article about this photo of a mountain lion dragging a buck, I did a little research regarding the photo. If this photo had been faked, it would not have been the first. To make a long story short, someone admitted that they had ”made” the photo. As it turns out, the real owner of the mountain lion photo saw the article, contacted me, gave the real story, and provided me with additional photos to corroborate the mountion lion kill.

The photos below are in time succession, show a deer fleeing the area prior to the buck kill, and you can even see the drag marks in the dirt after the lion walks in front of the game camera. The ranch owner even said he found the whitetail’s head and remains about six weeks after these photos were taken. A truly remarkable occurrence, especially since it was caught on film. A special thanks to Chet Markgraf for his story and these photos!

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow that is crazy. i don't know if it is legit but i about pooped my pants when i got this photo off my game cam. that is the nicest buck i have seen in my parts in a long time :thumb:

i1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd500_TKC78_oktrailcam.jpg

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the first pic has been floating around for a couple of years now, saying it was taken everywhere from dallas to Bangor Maine, my guess is its faked,, the 'yote pics look real to me and thats the first I've seen of them

Latest posts

Top Bottom