If you were in charge of OK deer season...........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is not a question of affording a 'special' magazine. I HAVE 10 30rnd mags, being required to buy a 5 rnd mag because of stupidity is ridiculous. I could be perfectly happy hunting with a Ruger #1, if I had one, and will someday. I have only fired more than once at a single deer one time. A stupid law is a stupid law.

"you don't need an assault rifle to hunt deer"

Sound familiar?

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About the only thing I would change is a reduction in the number of does being killed. I can remember when you had to apply for a doe tag by the county you were hunting..If drawn then you would have the entire season to take the doe. The state had a better handle on how many does were being taken and also the areas were broken up by counties instead of regions. Only a few years ago when we were having the record numbers killed every year and the state kept increasing the number of does per hunter now it seems the yearly harvest in going down every year..Blame it on the weather all you want but in my eyes every time we kill a doe this year we are dropping the deer herd by two and maybe three or four for next year..Still seams to me the doe harvest is driven by the dollar amount of tags being sold every year instead of the actual deer numbers..

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"you don't need an assault rifle to hunt deer"

Sound familiar?

The rifle I am using to take a deer would be my deer assault rifle.

Requiring a 'special' mag based solely on caliber is as asinine as Babbacare.

As far as ' out of state ' license. The price should be the same as the persons home state would charge us to hunt there. I like having out of staters come in and spend their $$$$$ here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom