If you were in charge of OK deer season...........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to see non resident go to draw only because I enjoy hunting with my brother, he comes from Florida for one week every year to hunt with me. Buys his $280 non resident tag and hunts. I know it is a selfish reason but I am sure there are many others that do this with family and.or friends, that is $560.00 in non resident tags the last two years, and he didn't kill a deer either year.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think anyone wants to spray'n'pray at deer, they just don't want to have to buy a special magazine (or modify one they have) just for this--particularly when you can put an upper that doesn't have a .22 bore on the same rifle and use whatever magazine you want.

If someone can afford a $700 rifle then they can afford an extra $15 magazine. Just sayin

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want to see non resident go to draw only because I enjoy hunting with my brother, he comes from Florida for one week every year to hunt with me. Buys his $280 non resident tag and hunts. I know it is a selfish reason but I am sure there are many others that do this with family and.or friends, that is $560.00 in non resident tags the last two years, and he didn't kill a deer either year.

The non resident fishing licenses are so expensive that I can't take my texas grand kids fishing for a day when they come up.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone can afford a $700 rifle then they can afford an extra $15 magazine. Just sayin
Why should they have buy another magazine? It's a completely arbitrary regulation--if you take an AR and put a 5.56 upper on it, you have to use a special magazine. Take that same rifle and put a .300 Blackout upper on it, and you could load up a 100 round drum. That's the definition of asinine.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why should they have buy another magazine? It's a completely arbitrary regulation--if you take an AR and put a 5.56 upper on it, you have to use a special magazine. Take that same rifle and put a .300 Blackout upper on it, and you could load up a 100 round drum. That's the definition of asinine.

If I see anyone in the field with a 100rd drum hunting deer they will be made fun of to the point of throwing punches.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It is not a question of affording a 'special' magazine. I HAVE 10 30rnd mags, being required to buy a 5 rnd mag because of stupidity is ridiculous. I could be perfectly happy hunting with a Ruger #1, if I had one, and will someday. I have only fired more than once at a single deer one time. A stupid law is a stupid law.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly. I wouldn't change anything. I like it the way it is.

I would like to see them offer a reduced rate non-resident youth tag for the kids during youth season! At $280 I can afford to take one of my daughters during the youth season but not both!

Latest posts

Top Bottom