Illegal Interstate Transfer of a Handgun. Will anyone actually do anything?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
whoa dude, you brought this to us and asked for opinions. What did you expect?

If you have first hand knowledge of a threat of serious bodily harm against someone then say something, or dont. What you shouldnt do is drop a half explained scenario which you have a personal stake in, at the doorstep of the interweb, and then become indignant at the response. Threads like this make me want to punch a baby.

It really sounds like you already have your mind made up as to what you should do, and have come here wanting affirmation of your decision. Just like the guy who asks for "advice" about gun decision when he has already made the purchase.

Obviously there is misunderstanding here.

First, I never asked for opinions. Plenty have been offered, but what I asked was:
"Once the handgun is given to the guy in Texas, will ATF actually DO anything about it?"

At no point did I say that the people who this person has threatened are not aware of the threat.
Quite the contrary.

I did not "drop a half explained scenario which you have a personal stake in" and and "then become indignant at the response".

So far Not one person actually has answered in any capacity if they know what will be done.
So far, not one thing that I have stated can be acted upon by a police officer.

Someone asked, am I in a position to know what is actionable?
In this case, yes. I know what has been acted upon in the past with this person and what has not been acted upon.
I can tell you that threats in general get NO response from the police involved.
It is always "You said" vs "He said" and without proof or bodily harm there is NOT ONE THING that the police can do.

I have not asked for affirmation of a decision.
I have not asked for help making the decision.
I just really want to know "Will the ATF or Local law enforcement actually do anything?"
If someone knows that they will in fact take action, I'd love to hear from them.

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah...besides, I don't know what you keep thinking - will they do anything!
Are you freaking kidding? It's illegal to even think about committing a crime.
Ever heard of a Thought Crime? Get over it, hero.
Obviously, you know a LOT more than you are sharing here...you definitely already know there is enough evidence here.

That is the problem.
There is no evidence.
It only becomes evidence AFTER a crime is committed.
Right now, it is only a conversation between two people.
Once actions are taken and completed, THEN it becomes a crime and THEN it becomes evidence of the crime.

Dave

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I would agree.

First, I never asked for opinions. Plenty have been offered, but what I asked was:
"Once the handgun is given to the guy in Texas, will ATF actually DO anything about it?"

When you asked us what would happen instead of asking the people who would know;eg the ATF, then you should expect opinion.

At no point did I say that the people who this person has threatened are not aware of the threat.
Quite the contrary.

I did not "drop a half explained scenario which you have a personal stake in" and and "then become indignant at the response".

yeah, you kinda did.

So far Not one person actually has answered in any capacity if they know what will be done.

That is because you are asking the wrong people. just because the situation you described is illegal, does not mean it will be acted upon by anyone. That should be self evident. Why are you asking lay people for an answer ? call the ATF and ask them. Then you can rest assured that the answer came from the right source. However, it will still be dependent on where the info goes from there. maybe that agent doesnt feel like sending it up the chain, maybe it gets lost in the shuffle, maybe you get audited for disturbing their nap time.

did you, or did you not directly witness somebody threaten the life of a police officer or family member?

In this case, yes. I know what has been acted upon in the past with this person and what has not been acted upon.
I can tell you that threats in general get NO response from the police involved.
It is always "You said" vs "He said" and without proof or bodily harm there is NOT ONE THING that the police can do.

I just really want to know "Will the ATF or Local law enforcement actually do anything?"
If someone knows that they will in fact take action, I'd love to hear from them.

Now is a good time for our resident ATF agent in disguise to make himself known, and answer this guys question.
Dave

At the end of the day the answer to your question is , who the hell knows, and that goes double for me so I will show myself to the exit. I wish you luck sir.

Last edited:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Quite the contrary.

Dave

How would we know the answer to that (bold) question? No members of OSA have outed themselves as ATF agents. Call and ask them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom