Illegal Minors at Fort Sill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, the world is unfair and unjust. We can't police it and make everything right. And even if we did, unfortunately we can't accommodate every alien that wants to call America home.
Send them back. If the current number were all we had to deal with, I might feel different, but how many more will show up if they're allowed to stay?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, the world is unfair and unjust. We can't police it and make everything right. And even if we did, unfortunately we can't accommodate every alien that wants to call America home.
Send them back. If the current number were all we had to deal with, I might feel different, but how many more will show up if they're allowed to stay?

Totally agree with you.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is Lawton's school system going to have to educate these children? If so, will it happen at the detention facility or will they go to the local schools?

SpiritualGuns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SOOOOO many questions I have about this. Will the have guards on them? Will they have complete freedom to do what they want and possibly run amuck? How will they be monitored? Will they go to school? If so, then have their own class or integrate them? How's the language barrier going to turn out? Who takes responsibility for this when things go wrong?

SpiritualGuns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new barracks were moved into 2 years ago. There is a PCF barracks (the army's halfway house for AWOLs and those that come from Brigs). There was talk of doing away with the PCF group, but don't think they will ever actually do that. Plus it wouldn't be big enough for 200 people let alone 600+. Now Sill is building another set of new barracks that are at least 6+ months from being done.

I used to work with a lot of the barracks and building dept people before I got out, hence where my info is coming from.

I think this week I may have to check with some of my old coworkers to find out more on all this. Its all blowing my mind.

SpiritualGuns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.kswo.com/story/25717731/fort-sill-to-house-illegal-immigrants

FORT SILL, Okla._ At least 600 and as many as 1,200 illegal immigrants will soon call Fort Sill home, according to a statement released by post officials Friday.

The announcement comes one day after Oklahoma Congressman Tom Cole said he learned from unofficial sources Thursday that Fort Sill was expected to begin housing at least 600 unaccompanied minors who are illegal.

Fort Sill was selected to house the immigrants as the number of unaccompanied children coming into the Department of Health and Human Services’ continues to rise. DHHS requested the assistance from the Department of Defense at a number of installations, including Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX, where they opened their doors Thursday to 1,800 young immigrants. A naval base in Ventura County, CA has also begun the process of moving in 600 unaccompanied minors.

Support to DHHS is being provided only as long as there is no impact to the DOD’s ability to conduct its missions, according to Fort Sill’s PIO.

While it hasn't been released when the illegal immigrants will arrive at Fort Sill or where they are coming from, officials say the immigrants will be housed in an undisclosed three-story, 200,000 square foot building with a history of housing soldiers.

The undocumented children will receive numerous educational and recreational services on post provided by DHHS.

Well this at least answers a few of the questions.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"200,000 sq foot building with a history of housing soldiers". Sounds like maybe one of the starships over on the other side of the tracks.

They also have a DFAC or two over there that are not being used...close to the starships.

Latest posts

Top Bottom