I'm Jumping in. SuperDaves Gunshow May 12,13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome! I will do my best to come. I won't be selling anything, so I'll pay the extra $1 to get in, but that's cool... I'll definitely be buying if I can find anything worthwhile (which I'm sure won't be too hard!).

I LOVE the idea of everything being gun-related, no other crap, and decent prices. Amazing that this can actually still be done. ;)

Take that RK! I'll make the trip special to OKC just to make sure this thing gets my support!

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Superdave---

I will save my coins as I am sure there has to be some goodies I will need. I have met a few of our OSA family face to face but if I can make one suggestion......
Vendors at your show put your OSA "handle" somewhere on the table so we can put a face to the posts on our OSA forum.......

Keep us posted.......

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Superdave---

I will save my coins as I am sure there has to be some goodies I will need. I have met a few of our OSA family face to face but if I can make one suggestion......
Vendors at your show put your OSA "handle" somewhere on the table so we can put a face to the posts on our OSA forum.......

Keep us posted.......
This x eleventy-billion!!!!

And we OSA'ers walking around should have a tag on our shirts, or something.

SuperDave, can you add into your list to have some kind of nametags made up with an OSA logo on them that are prominent and visible??? :D

I'm more than willing to contribute to the fund for things needed for this show.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i44.tinypic.com_5l8h7q.jpg

My hat goes off to you SuperDave. Finally someone has stepped up, and put his money where his mouth is. SuperDave you have gone to the top of my list of people that don’t complain but instead is willing to take a chance with yours money, liability, and nerves.

This is exactly what I have said in the past, take a chance, don’t complain do something about it, and take the risk. This is the first person I have seen that is doing something about something he has seen not done correctly.

Congratulations SuperDave, for taking that first step into becoming a promoter, and trying to make a difference.

MF

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would appreciate any advice on advertising, I have a few Guerilla marketing ideas, but one of the best things about OSA is the huge pool of experience and talent
I see gun show ads in The Oklahoman quite a bit. I assume they work or shows would stop running them. I don't know prices.

(405) 475-3662
http://www.youradsok.com/oklahoman-adportal/static/welcome.html

Def. post everywhere online (other forums, etc.). Does CraigsList allow for event posts?

N

Neist

I'm new here, and I'm pretty new to the whole guns world, but here's a few tips that could come in handy. I have no experience with gun shows, but through various projects I've been involved with, I know a thing or two about self promotion.

You have a while to advertise, and that's great. The Facebook page is a great idea. So is Twitter, but both need to be updated regularly (maybe several times a week) so it's constantly in people's minds. Even if it's mundane information about progressions of venues or how booth space is quickly being rented up. People like being in the know, and it'll give constant reinforcement to the seriousness of your project. Also, make sure you post in other Oklahoma-based websites, even if not gun based, about the event so people who may be interested in attending will be informed. Visit local gun shops or ranges, if they allow that sort of thing, and ask if you can post a flyer or possible put a stack of them somewhere so people can pick up. Do this yourself, in person. The personal touch goes a long way, and even if the places you visit end up being hostile, at least the message was delivered. Most of these points are common sense, but they are worth mentioning. Maybe even rent booth space at other gun shows and promote the show, if, again, they allow that sort of thing.

May look into radio advertising as well, but I'm not sure how much that'd cost. It may be prohibitively expensive. You could even sell some sort of raffle tickets, and, if you can get some ranges or shops on your friendly side, create incentives on them selling them, such as keeping a portion (or maybe even all) of the profits from the tickets themselves. It could pull more people in for the cost of nearly nothing, depending on what would be raffled.

Unfortunately I'd offer to help more, but as I've never even been to a gun show yet, I'm not sure what I could help with. :D I'm not sure if these tidbits are even helpful, but I thought I'd chime in. I'd like it to be successful.

At the very least I'll attend, and that's dollars spent towards a good cause.

Latest posts

Top Bottom