I'm thinking about getting another FAL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a DSA STG58. I like shooting it and have had absolutely no problems with it. The cost of the ammo prevents me from shooting it very much.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've thought about gettin' an FAL myself. If I had to get one it would be an original FNH but I ain't got the money for that, well not yet.
Hopefully over the summer I get enough money.
What are some good FAL companies? I've heard of DSA, ain't they also the one that make the HK G3 clone as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stay away from hesse, century and entreprise. DSA makes whole rifles but also sells receivers by themselves. The DSA's are billet and tend to have the greatest internet following. Think of a DSA FAL sort of like an Arsenal AKM...both reputable companies that make solid, quality, out of the box ready to rock and roll guns. Imbel receivers are IMO the best you can have as they are hammer forged under FN license and intended for military use. The pre-ban Imbels (sar-48) imported by springfield are very valuable and excellent guns. Century imported Imbel receivers and if you find a century built imbel it improves the chance of it being a good gun for the simple fact that the receiver will be in spec from the get go. Century FAL's (especially on a non imbel receiver as mentioned) are like century AKs...some run great, some are garbage and made half out of inch parts and half metric pattern parts. Coonan receivers are cast steel but tend to get better reviews than the hesse or entreprise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom