Indepentent Auto Service place - Stillwater?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son is at OSU. His 2017 Ram 1500 had his check engine light go on a couple days ago. Had him check the engine oil and it's fine. Said it runs fine and seems fine but need to get it checked. We used the local Ram dealer out West of town last year and their CS was less than decent.

Yall who live in the area have a good and honest independent auto mechanics shop I can have my kid take his truck to for diagnosis /repair since it's out of warranty? Or should I just grin and bear it and take it to the dealership in Stillwater?

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to an auto parts store and get the codes. If he doesn’t want to do a repair, at least he’ll have an idea of the problem.

I hate going into a situation blind.
^This. With the code, you can call ahead and get a ballpark on what a repair might entail or google/youtube it and fix it yourself. I recommend investing in a cheap(<$30) bluetooth obd2 device that will read the P codes. Sometimes it will throw a code for something simple like forgetting to screw the gas cap all the way tight. Saves time and money

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Veepeak BT in all my newer cars. Like $14 on amazon and app is free.

Read the code, reset it, and see if it comes back. Research the code on the Web in between.
I’ve got this in my jeep. I’ve also have a cool app that works with most Chrysler/ Dodge / Jeep vehicles.

This app can program my Jeep, gives live data, can test components by activating parts, etc. it’s awesome.

IMG_9031.png

IMG_9032.png

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The check engine light is a cation for the fuel or emissions system. Tell your son to find a station that sells top tier label gas and away from alcohol for a couple of tanks . The light might go out. I have seen gas caps cause this also.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recommend SHORTS AUTOMATIVE, 405-624-1191. He has helped my son while at OSU several times. Seems to be very honest, good prices. Has actually saved us money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom