Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glockman24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hello my name is Garrett and i think guns is fun. I have owned 3 glocks all that have been sold due to hard times. I currently on have a Sigma sw40ve and a Kel-Tec PF9 which i havent got to shoot yet. Interested in learning more and more about firearms and ammunition for Concealed carry and home defense. Thank You

David33

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi My name is David and I have been lurking for a while and also member for a month I think.

I also have a question so I understand the rules. I always view quite a bit on the forum, along with the selling. I really not a big comment guy or forum junkie writer, just like the info. I saw a guy selling a rifle in my area and I sent a PM of interest. I was quickly sent on back telling me I was new and he could not sell it to me without breaking the rules, which I needed to read.

So when I read the rules again, I took it as you could not post for sell or in "wanted to buy" ads til the mods accept you. I didn't think it also meant no PM of interest.

Could someone set this straight so I can understand and not break the rules.

Thanks

rog0322

New to the site!
Reaction score
Villanueva, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
Hi okshooters,

I'm from far, far away, in the Southern Philippines where guns are not allowed for law-abiding citizens like me (just kidding). I wandered into this site out of my quest for firearms and firearm-loving, law abiding citizens no matter from what place it may be. I am planning to acquire a new firearm in the future, a .22 shooter for a start, if anybody can advise me, it would be most welcome.

Great site, I may say.

matwor

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been slinkin' in the shadows for quite sometime. Thought it was probably time to chime in now and then. I look forward to the cheese and crackers around the proverbial pickle barrel.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, I've been slipping on and doing a lot of reading..I really enjoy it and have learned a lot off the forum...I thought it was time to join in on a few conversations..VIKING.....

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a retired Police Captain from Georgia. 25 years in 1995. I taught drivers for Brinks for several years until they transferred me to Boston in 1999. I went to work for the New Hampshire Dept. of Safety in 2001 and just retired as a Supervisor 1 from the Emergency Services Division. My wife and I are moving to Huntsville, Al this year to be closer to family. I collect firearms and pocket knives. My wife lived in Ok for a few years and I always enjoy hearing about firearms ownership all across the US.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am a retired Police Captain from Georgia. 25 years in 1995. I taught drivers for Brinks for several years until they transferred me to Boston in 1999. I went to work for the New Hampshire Dept. of Safety in 2001 and just retired as a Supervisor 1 from the Emergency Services Division. My wife and I are moving to Huntsville, Al this year to be closer to family. I collect firearms and pocket knives. My wife lived in Ok for a few years and I always enjoy hearing about firearms ownership all across the US.

Welcome to OSA. When you get to Huntsville drive south on I565 to I65 and get off on exit 334 in Priceville. Right across from the Pilot truckstop is a restaurant that serves up some damn good catfish. I once drove 500 miles to get a platter of fillets. :)

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi My name is David and I have been lurking for a while and also member for a month I think.

I also have a question so I understand the rules. I always view quite a bit on the forum, along with the selling. I really not a big comment guy or forum junkie writer, just like the info. I saw a guy selling a rifle in my area and I sent a PM of interest. I was quickly sent on back telling me I was new and he could not sell it to me without breaking the rules, which I needed to read.

So when I read the rules again, I took it as you could not post for sell or in "wanted to buy" ads til the mods accept you. I didn't think it also meant no PM of interest.

Could someone set this straight so I can understand and not break the rules.

Thanks

Well the rules are that you have to be a member for a month and have at least 20 posts before you can post in the classifieds. It is not really a rule that you are established before you can PM someone about buying, but whoever it was, probably turned you down because everyone is supposed to wait, even the person selling it had to wait. Don't take it personally, the members on OSA are a close commuity and alot of us know each other personally. Just wait your month and then you will have no problems. But if you are only here to use the classifieds you probably wont last long, because this site is meant to support the gun/shooting community not to buy and sell stuff. Anyways welcome to the forum, feel free to browse the threads and post in any of them that you want if you have something to add to the discussion.

Justin

Latest posts

Top Bottom