Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill of Rights

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been looking around the forum a while and getting some very good information--in fact, I've been surprised how often when I google a gun-related question the answer comes up on okshooters.com. So, great forum, I'm glad to be here.

I shot pistols a little with my father as a kid, and have owned at least one pistol or shotgun for home defense basically since. I'm fairly new to rifles--never hunted, although I'd like to try it.

I own a Springfield XD 9mm, the subcompact, which is my concealed carry weapon. My wife's in the market for her own, probably a S&W J-frame. Also have a Maverick 12 ga for home defense. Our kids are getting pretty big, and I'm thinking about something like a 10/22 for them (they're pretty proficient with the family pellet rifle). I think we're going to join USSA and/or Red Castle soon.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to participating here.

dhall0225

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello. I am not new to OK but I am relatively new to this forum. I have spent tons of time on the Classifieds already, as it seems that I am very interested in buying/selling/trading. I am a cop, and ex-mil, so I LOVE to shoot. I live in NE OK, so if your out this way and know of any good events or need to know of any good places to shoot, hit me up. Good to e-meet all of you! Have fun, and be safe. Thanks OSA, for an awesome forum!

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey everyone. New to this site and so far i like it only i cant seem to be able to respond to adds in the forums where people are selling stuff. Any advice

Amazingly, there is a sticky in the For Sale Forum addressing just this topic. I will go ahead and provide the link for you since you only seem to be able to post short one-liners to get your post count up. Hopefully, the mods see what you are up to and make you contribute a little more than 20 one-liners.

dhall0225

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello. I am not new to OK but I am relatively new to this forum. I have spent tons of time on the Classifieds already, as it seems that I am very interested in buying/selling/trading. I am a cop, and ex-mil, so I LOVE to shoot. I live in NE OK, so if your out this way and know of any good events or need to know of any good places to shoot, hit me up. Good to e-meet all of you! Have fun, and be safe. Thanks OSA, for an awesome forum!

OK, I wrote this before I realized how pissed off people seem to be with those of us who are here ONLY for the Classifieds. Allow me to clarify myself...OSA is doing an awesome thing with the Classifieds section because, as we all know, gun people love to buy/sell/trade. However, in my case, the Classifieds ARE NOT my sole purpose for being here. I am on here reading, sometimes writing, and cracking up just about every night. So MODS, please dont think I am just using you for your Classifieds. I must admit that the Classifieds are what drew me in because a friend of mine was always saying he knew where to find whatever I was looking for, so I finally asked him where and he directed me here. After looking around a bit, I realized that this is a place where fellow Okies with very similar interests, hobbies, and beliefs could chat, joke, and deal. So again, I am not just here to ride the Classifieds train, heck I cant even post on the Classifieds yet. I am just very appreciative of this forum and all the varieties it has to offer, including the Classifieds. I hope this makes sense.

joe11young

Marksman
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new. A good friend told me about this forum, its's great. I'm married,father of three. Avid outdoorsman and shooting enthusiast. Sooner born and Sooner bred.

Thanks,
Joe

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey everyone. New to this site and so far i like it only i cant seem to be able to respond to adds in the forums where people are selling stuff. Any advice

Read the rules.

Also it is 20 substantiative posts, not the one word or single sentence replies to another topic. It discuorages people from joining just to take advantage of the Classifieds. :saywhat:

Jdokc

New to the site!
Reaction score
Good evening, Everyone. New member, 46, two sons that I'm bringing into the sport. Stepped out this evening and purchased a Kimber Pro CDP. Totally amazed at the feel of the 1911...wish I had done this years ago.

I've been out of the sport for some time, but the dealer this evening told me about this forum and I'm thrilled to have a new place to mine info! I have tons of research on becoming a more proficient shooter with the Kimber, especially the ammo section (going to be spending mucho time at the range!).

Look forward to contributing with whatever might be helpful to someone and appreciate learning much more as I go!

Latest posts

Top Bottom