Is 9mm any good in all reality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take all of the time and money you planned to spend on this endeavor and put it toward ammunition and quality training. Work on that consistently for at least a few years to become as proficient as possible under varied circumstances; favoring high stress and unconventional positions.
You are wasting your time and money trying to decide the best caliber for you until this is accomplished.
he can put 15 rounds into a 1.5" at 25 yards he don't need any more stinking training. just buy some tactical pants that's all you need

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Take all of the time and money you planned to spend on this endeavor and put it toward ammunition and quality training. Work on that consistently for at least a few years to become as proficient as possible under varied circumstances; favoring high stress and unconventional positions.
You are wasting your time and money trying to decide the best caliber for you until this is accomplished.

This 100%. Any caliber will save ur ass if ya can shoot.

And yes, 9mm is still a very good caliber. No collection is complete without it.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago someone here posted a thread with a very long piece written by an LA county coroner and his thoughts on what he had seen after years on the job and what caliber he saw the most coming out of people laying on his table. Was very interesting.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_03_01_1e123c1547596a825593ecf2616cdefc.jpg

So the 10mm is an explosive round?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I'm kinda' think of gettin' more 9mm pistols other than just my Beretta.
I'm not gonna' stop gettin' .40S&W pistols either!
I just haven't found anything though that says that 9mm is better than say .40 or .45, now with FMJ I think we all know who wins that.
Cuz' I've been thinking that the sound of getting a Glock 19 sounds better then getting a Glock 23, I don't know why though?
Because I'm about to get another 9mm (Only because they only make it in 9mm) and another .45.
So then I'll have 2 9mm's, 2 .40's, and 2 .45's, so it'll all be tied up.
So should I just stick with .40 and if the pistol is only made in 9mm or get a mixture of both calibers?
Cuz' of course when I turn 21 I wanna' get my CCL, I just don't know if I would feel safe with 9mm over .40 or .45?

Get a Glock 23 and a Lone wolf 9mm barrel. 2 calibers 1 gun

Latest posts

Top Bottom