Is this even legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like if you were to own an AR or two, and had possession of the parts, it becomes intent. I could be wrong. When you get to write your own rules, well, you know.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legal to own if you don't also own an AR. They'd even be legal to own if it included the sear as long as you didn't have an AR lower.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the difference is his parts vs standard parts from a normal LPK?

Selector has cam that pivots disconnector out of the way in "Auto" position.
Disconnector has tail that selector cam interacts with in "Auto" position.
Trigger is open at back so that tail of disconnector will fit.
Hammer has hook at back that interacts with auto sear.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

In order to reliably function in full-auto, you would also need the auto-sear. The auto-sear would not fit into a semi AR lower without milling and drilling.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Selector has cam that pivots disconnector out of the way in "Auto" position.
Disconnector has tail that selector cam interacts with in "Auto" position.
Trigger is open at back so that tail of disconnector will fit.
Hammer has hook at back that interacts with auto sear.

In order to reliably function in full-auto, you would also need the auto-sear. The auto-sear would not fit into a semi AR lower without milling and drilling.

Very informative.... I'd like to study up on this some more, just as an academic exercise - for the future, in case the SHTF and the BATFE isn't a factor anymore.

Can anyone explain how a weapon does a 3-round burst? I mean, without continuing to fire? I've always thought that might be much more useful in a real-world situation than full-rattle, personally.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very informative.... I'd like to study up on this some more, just as an academic exercise - for the future, in case the SHTF and the BATFE isn't a factor anymore.

Can anyone explain how a weapon does a 3-round burst? I mean, without continuing to fire? I've always thought that might be much more useful in a real-world situation than full-rattle, personally.

Burst uses a secondary disconnector and a notched cam with clutch spring on the hammer. Good read of how it works is at: http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/function/burst/

Latest posts

Top Bottom