Israel going in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's only a fallacy if you believe bombing the **** out of everyone is the only way to respond.

Except that's not what they're doing. Have you not seen the two step method they use?

The obvious alternative would be a full scale invasion to rout Hamas militants. Care to guess what the body count would be if they did that?

Under the circumstances, Israel is exercising considerable restraint. When we routed Iraq from Kuwait in the Gulf War, THAT was a massacre. I didn't hear the namby-pamby crowd denouncing the U.S. for that much more lopsided war, so why all the hand wringing over this one?

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except that's not what they're doing. Have you not seen the two step method they use?

The obvious alternative would be a full scale invasion to rout Hamas militants. Care to guess what the body count would be if they did that?

Under the circumstances, Israel is exercising considerable restraint. When we routed Iraq from Kuwait in the Gulf War, THAT was a massacre. I didn't hear the namby-pamby crowd denouncing the U.S. for that much more lopsided war, so why all the hand wringing over this one?

If that's not what they're doing, then they're doing pretty ******, what with the number of civilian dead.

We routed the Iraqi Army from Kuwait. We didn't bomb civilian shelters, schools, hospitals, hotels, and homes.

Restraint, my ass.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's not what they're doing, then they're doing pretty ******, what with the number of civilian dead.

We routed the Iraqi Army from Kuwait. We didn't bomb civilian shelters, schools, hospitals, hotels, and homes.

Restraint, my ass.

I believe the latest estimates are that over 125,000+ civilians are dead from the most recent Iraq War. But I guess it was worth it because Sadaam is gone and Iraq is a safer, better place now...right?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's only a fallacy if you believe bombing the **** out of everyone is the only way to respond.

I'm guessing you didn't read back in this thread. The death toll of the Palestinian civilians is the direct result of Hamas using the civilian population as human shields, and not allowing them to leave the area when they are alerted by text message, phone calls and social media that an attack is imminant on a certain local. In fact some that have a death wish actually run to the targeted areas.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/182741

Just recently UN inspectors found rockets stored in a United States sponsored school. FOR THE SECOND TIME!

What did the UN idiots do? They gave the rockets to "palistinian police authority's" which is the code name for Hamas.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency For Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) announced Tuesday that rockets had been found on their premises for the second time in less than a week.

UNRWA released a letter condemning the ‘finding’ , and again refusing to place blame on any group or organization for stashing rockets on their grounds. The letter wrote:

Today, in the course of the regular inspection of its premises, UNRWA discovered rockets hidden in a vacant school in the Gaza Strip. As soon as the rockets were discovered, UNRWA staff were withdrawn from the premises, and so we are unable to confirm the precise number of rockets. The school is situated between two other UNRWA schools that currently each accommodate 1,500 internally displaced persons.

UNRWA strongly and unequivocally condemns the group or groups responsible for this flagrant violation of the inviolability of its premises under international law.

The Agency immediately informed the relevant parties and is pursuing all possible measures for the removal of the objects in order to preserve the safety and security of the school. UNRWA will launch a comprehensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding this incident.

UNRWA has reinforced and continues to implement its robust procedures to maintain the neutrality of all its premises, including a strict no-weapons policy and regular inspections of its installations, to ensure they are only used for humanitarian purposes.

Palestinian civilians in Gaza rely on UNRWA to provide humanitarian assistance and shelter. At all times, and especially during escalations of violence, the sanctity and integrity of UN installations must be respected.

Israeli officials strongly condemned the UN agency’s behavior. A Foreign Ministry spokesperson said, “How many more schools will have to be abused by Hamas missile squads before the international community will intervene. How many times can it turn its head the other way and pretend that it just doesn’t see?”

Just last Wednesday, UNRWA announced it had found 20 rockets stored in a children’s school on its campus. UNRWA said at the time it gave the rockets to “local authorities” for proper disposal. Many pointed out at the time, including Breitbart’s Thomas Rose, that in all likelihood the weapons had made their way back in the hands of the Hamas terrorist organization.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/...t-US-Funded-UN-School-In-Gaza-For-Second-Time

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Restraint, my ass.

Which includes the Hamas militants they've killed. It also includes the number of "non-combatants" who were used as human shields (some willingly). By your definition, the United States has killed far more "non-combatants" in the drone wars than Israel has during this round. You obviously have a serious lack of understanding regarding the SOP for terrorist organizations when it comes to the information war. Perhaps your time would be better served by expanding your horizons and doing some research on the matter.

As far as the Gulf War, we allowed the Iraqi's to flee, but only if they dropped their arms and fled on foot. If they tried to drive back to Iraq, we slaughtered them. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

I'm just not a fan of unnecessary death.

I really couldn't care for either side and I'd like to stop handing them my money and material.

I agree, but if you want to stop the unnecessary death, then you need to tell Hamas. They are the instigators on this round and they're the ones who refused a cease-fire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom