It's not legal to hunt Deer with an Air Rifle in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Girandoni air rifle as used by Lewis and Clark. A National Firearms Museum Treasure Gun.

Lewis and Clark History
Lewis's Air Rifle

Meriwether Lewis purchased an air gun with his own money at Harpers Ferry, while purchasing supplies for the expedition. The air gun was utilized to impress the Indians that the Corps would encounter. The air gun was probably manufactured by Isiah Lukens, horologist and gunsmith of Philadelphia; it was returned to him after Lewis's death in 1809 and sold at an auction on Luken's death in 1847, discovered and identified in 1976.

Uploaded by NFMCurator on Feb 1, 2011

http://nramuseum.com Lewis and Clark's secret weapon - a late 18th Century .46 cal. 20 shot repeating air rifle by Girandoni , as used bin the Napoleonic Wars. A Treasure Gun from the NRA National Firearms Museum. See more at http://NRAmuseum.com. Narrated by Phil Schreier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cannon

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does this work? Does it have a built in chamber that you can fill before going out for a hunt that will give you a few shots? Or do you just attach the nitrogen tank like a paintball gun and take it out with you? What is the shelf life on these guns before they have to be worked over?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just got back from hunting .. killed an 8pt buck with a Knight Disc Elite black powder rifle. bummer didn't get to take deer with my air rifle.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00468.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
just got back from hunting .. killed an 8pt buck with a Knight Disc Elite black powder rifle. bummer didn't get to take deer with my air rifle.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00468.jpg

Congrats on the buck! Looks like there were many differnt weapons to choose from in the bed of your truck.....alcohol or caffeine overdose, baseball bat, high lift jack bludgeoning.........LOL, just kidding you, and nice air rifle by the way.:) I've seen some of the youtube's of those, they have pretty amazing capabilities.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the buck! Looks like there were many differnt weapons to choose from in the bed of your truck.....alcohol or caffeine overdose, baseball bat, high lift jack bludgeoning.........LOL, just kidding you, and nice air rifle by the way.:) I've seen some of the youtube's of those, they have pretty amazing capabilities.

thanks... thought everyone would like my redneck pickup truck bed! :D
true story, there was a total of one beer drank at deer camp all weekend.. that Fosters.

all I could think about all weekend was ... my air rifle should have been there.
heck it's not like shooting deer with big bore air rifles is something new ...

first step in filling air rifle from 88 cu ft Carbon fiber tank
img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00472.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00473.jpg

then slowly fill to 3,500 psi
img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00476.jpg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
killed a 10pt non-typical Sat with .270 at just over 100yds. fully doable with .458 Quakenbush Air rifle.

dressed out at about 130lb, definitely a mature deer about 5 years old. normally never see a mature buck like this, except during rut.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00517.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom