It's on!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ooooo. Almost forgot. We are letting Saiga's in tactical. Since most of them don't run, and it really doesn't help having a magazine fed shotgun, why not? We will recognize Open, TacIron, TacOptic, and Heavy Metal. Jury is still out on optics in HM and if it has to be a single stack, but we will let you all know.

M

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see in the IMGA rules that the minimum caliber is 223. My buddies may need to use my 5.45x39 AR/AK74. I know that round has a little softer recoil than a 223 but is it really an advantage? Can we shoot that round in this match as long as we are not shooting steal targets?

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You can use mine. We are setting up Saturday and the MD's are shooting Saturday evening so my gear will be available for use.

If a 5.45 is what you have, you can shoot it in the match. We are the kind, gentle match staff! :)

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Jesse, thanks for posting the rules. We are going to modify them a bit for our match. We will get them drawn up an posted on the okcgc web site. Some o the highlights will be;
Heavy Metal will be a .308 scoped or not, 12 guage pump, and a .45 handgun with mo more then 8 rounds in any magazine.
TacIron will be iron sighted rifle, no more then 9 shotgun shells in gun for a loaded start, and any iron sighted pistol 9mm or larger.
TacOptic will be any 1 sighting device other then iron sights on rifle, and the same SG and pistol requirements as TacIron
Open means open.

Again, we will get the rules updated on the website. If you don't have the gear, come shoot it anyway. We will help you out. Bring 12 guage shells, .223 55gr rounds, a few reduced recoil 12 guage slugs and your pistol and ammo.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Mike let,s throw 1x red dots into iron as well and start the trend! Tac optic is any scope that has more than 1X magnification. What da ya say??? KurtM

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The open rifle will put you on open class which would allow you the advantage if using an open pistol and shotgun. If you don't use the pistol and shotgun you will simply loose that open gun advantage on 2 of your guns.

What makes your rifle open class?

I don't have an open class rifle I was just wondering how it worked. Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom