It's Still Crazy Out There

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGreen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still make my normal rounds to the local stores just to see what is in stock. I am no longer needing more ammo(still wanting but not needing), because I have finally got enough to be able to hold me over for plenty of range time. But why the hell haven't things slowed down?? For the simple reason that I hardly see any ammo on the shelves, it nearly drives me to buy it when I do see it, even though I am no longer needing any at the moment....I guess just a scare factor. I am really just looking for some insight/theories on this.

BangBangJamDang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the simple reason that I hardly see any ammo on the shelves, it nearly drives me to buy it when I do see it, even though I am no longer needing any at the moment....I guess just a scare factor.

That pretty much sums it up. People who don't even need it are still buying everything they see for fear they won't be able to get more in the future.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the past 6 months I have bought exactly 2 boxes of ammo, both 22mg.
I've looked for 22lr that I could get to friends with kids who could use some.
I've found ammo shelves both stocked and empty, but I've seen more rifle ammo of late.

The one that gets me the most is that people are selling 22lr and extremely inflated prices and people are paying it. :screwy:

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The.22LR is the most popular gun and ammo in the country. It really makes sense that it would be the ammo most sought after. I have more .22s that any other gun.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Because people still "make the rounds" and buy up everything in stock. As long as normal people who work for a living can't ever find any ammo on the shelves or in stock online without taking off work to beat the wally world campers they will be forced to pay the jacked up prices or not shoot.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have enough bulk 22LR for the time being but a few of mine like mini mags only(bought some in the classifides today not too bad of a price considering gas time etc) & i need standard velocity or subsonic for my can(can't seem to find this anywhere) & I work 2 jobs so I do not get to make the rounds but I do not pay WAYover inflated prices either.
Come to think of it 22lr is the most commen chambered guns I own as well

Toytaco2

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're doing this to one another. As long as people feel like they must buy every round they see then this situation is going to continue. Hopefully at some point people start to buy what they need for the time being so we can all find what we want when we need it.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the first time today, I found some ammo and passed it up. At this point, in only needing 22. I have 2 boxes of 330 federal but I feel like that's nowhere near enough today.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I bought a box of 45acp at academy. I then drove to H&H and shot it and felt good. Trigger time makes me happy. Also got a 375 bulk pack of .22 since they had it. Didn't have a .22 with me though, just the 1911 and model 57 smith. But am kinda low on .22. About every person in there was buying one of each caliber they could up to 3 boxes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom