I've always failed miserably at starting my own plants ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
but I'm gonna try again this year ... I stole GC's heating pad, covered it with a towel, put a couple of 1x1s on it to keep the tray from sitting directly on the heat and started some tomato plants ...

Wish me luck ... Given my track record, I'm gonna need a LOT of it ...

Have any of y'all started any plants yet??

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To early for Tomato plants. Unless you plan on transplants in gallon buckets with staking to hold the plant up.

(for outdoors transplanting)

Last edited:

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No... I've been waiting for ya'll to tell me when to do it!

In all seriousness, I really need to get on the ball and do the planning. I did containers last year & they didn't work out at all. I had an empty flower bed that didn't work out well either. :(

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390436313.513174.jpg here is what I have, two of the 72 seed starter kits fits under it perfect.

Sent from my T.A.R.D.I.S. using a Sonic Screwdriver.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lost 10 of my 16 tomatoes plants about 2 weeks ago, and went out to pull the dead out. Still waiting to see if the other 6 are going to survive before I decide to replant. I'll give them 2 more weeks, and if they don't look lively, I'll pull them and start over. Onions and parsley are still growing like weeds, along with strawberries. My lettuce is acting weird, I think I got some bad seeds. I lost 3 of 6 pepper plants to my dogs, and they broke the other 3, so they are regrowing from stubs, hope they pull back through, they were still very healthy plants producing well through the winter.

Damn dogs cost me a lot of plants....

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just planted a whole bunch of seeds, peppers, lettuce, broccoli, onions, haven't started tomatoes yet I started this early last year and they didnt do so hot.

edit: I also am trying some celery from seed!

Latest posts

Top Bottom