I've always failed miserably at starting my own plants ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The grow lights being close to my trays keeps the heat at about 75-80 around the plants, and that room is the coldest in my house. On really cold nights I keep a space heater in the room.

wow I keep my house pretty cold my therm doesn't go over 68* Will the lights make it to hot for the lettuce?
:-/ I wonder if I should just wait and plant the seeds outside?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow I keep my house pretty cold my therm doesn't go over 68* Will the lights make it to hot for the lettuce?
:-/ I wonder if I should just wait and plant the seeds outside?

You should be ok temp wise. Lettuce is a more cold tolerant than tomatoes. Time wise on starting lettuce indoors to be transplanted outside I can't tell you as I never was a lettuce planter.

Tomatoes and peppers you are better off waiting until 8 weeks or so before the time to transplant outdoors.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should be ok temp wise. Lettuce is a more cold tolerant than tomatoes. Time wise on starting lettuce indoors to be transplanted outside I can't tell you as I never was a lettuce planter.

Tomatoes and peppers you are better off waiting until 8 weeks or so before the time to transplant outdoors.

and you transplant them outdoors.....when? in 2012 I planted tomatoes outside in March and had the best crop ever, seriously I had to can because I had so many. Last year I did the same and got like 5 tomatoes. Ive never had good luck with peppers and its probably because I set them out way to soon . This is so irritating & frustrating to me because I can grow houseplants, herbs, and flowers like Mrs Greenthumb but garden plants are my achiles heel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom