I've decided I want an SKS,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a very nice Yugoslavian SKS with bayonet but I never shoot it anymore. I prefer shooting the 16" barrel lightweight Magpul furniture 7.62x39 AR upper I built with a 1-4 Tacticon LPVO & mount.
I have shot the SKS out to 500yds with passable accuracy. Stock doesnt fit me good and hard to get a good sight picture. Great hip shooting junk pile blaster though. I thought about doing an AK mag setup for it but the AR truck gun is lighter and shorter for my needs and the SKS sits in the safe
so are you selling the sks?

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just curious,,,
Can one replace the barrel with one,,,
That doesn't have that butt ugly bayonet lug?

Are aftermarket barrels even available?

Aarond,,,

R D Harmon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Romanian SKS with bayonet that I modified to accept AK mags. I bought it at Fred Bakers so long ago I dont remember. There was no background check for it.
It is fun to shoot.
I also have an AK that has nice wood furniture.Came with a big drum, several 30 rnd mags and about 800 steel case rnds of 7.62X39 ammo. Only name I can see on it is SBWASR, I think. It appears to be made in 1987 with a SN. I have never shot it, been wanting to but when I had time, I would rather handload for other arms and shoot paper. LOL

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SKS's are fun and I like mine. Like all vintage or pre-ban guns (like Norinco AKs) we can wish they were still what they cost 40 years ago (even adjusted for inflation) but I know one thing, they'll only go up more so now is the second best time to buy them. Believe me, I am kicking myself over passing up inexpensive FN-49's for years!

Also, I like to think, how much would this gun be if someone like Ruger or Remington made it today? At that point $700 for one in a nice condition doesn't feel as outrageous. Just be patient and wait for that seller on BG or a local show that is offering a solid deal and jump on it.

CZFan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the early 90's I bought a Norinco SKS with 1000 rounds of ammo for under 300 dollars. It had the screwed in barrel and the milled receiver. The only bad thing about it was cleaning the cosmoline out of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom