Jalen Hurts Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, but he wasn't good enough to be 1st string at Alabama. And OU just cherry picked, which is ok, but only a big program can do that.
He was good enough to start at Alabama for what, 2 1/2 years? Then lost the starting job to a guy who was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy? That had nothing to do with OU. And then was in fact a Heisman finalist himself in his only season at OU... I really don't think you can take an average player and make him a Heisman finalist in one season...

I don't know what you mean, "OU just cherry picked"... He was available and apparently Riley wanted someone with more experience and recruited him. EVERY team does that, it's how recruiting works. And that seems kind of contradictory anyway... he wasn't that good at Alabama, but Riley cherry picked him to come to OU? Why, unless they considered him to be pretty good?

He's not the GOAT, and if that's what you think people are saying I can see where you'd think THAT is over rating him. But if you're saying he's just a guy, and he only looked good because being at OU makes average players look good, then you're UNDER rating him.

Again... not the GOAT... but he's been a very good player his entire college career. Read some of the reports from the NFL combine. They don't care if he's from OU, but they seem to be impressed.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem isn't that he's not a pocket passer, those QBs have gone by the wayside. Nearly all your good QBs can scramble at least 10 yds or so. The problem is that he's bad about reads and under pressure. His arm IS better than Tebow though.

The Steve Young reference got me going wtf too lol...

sorry sorry sorry. I meant Vince Young. Brain fart! Oops

Latest posts

Top Bottom