Jasper Remaned Transmissions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone put one in an F150 6 speed? I had the filter changed 3 weeks ago and now it's having issues with it not going into reverse and drive. When first started in the mornings. After it warms up, it seems shift okay after it warms up.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of these new transmissions have a push in filter.
Meaning there is a rubber boot or O ring that holds the filter in place.

Sometimes I have seen people not look for the old O ring and they double up and cause issues.

I have also seen where the filter was just not pushed in all the way and it fell out of position.

Check fluid level first then you may need to drop the pan if that is all good.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of these new transmissions have a push in filter.
Meaning there is a rubber boot or O ring that holds the filter in place.

Sometimes I have seen people not look for the old O ring and they double up and cause issues.

I have also seen where the filter was just not pushed in all the way and it fell out of position.

Check fluid level first then you may need to drop the pan if that is all good.

I'm glad you replied. I feel like it is something simple as you suggested. I took it back to the place that serviced it, and he hooked up to check for codes. He said he would call me Monday and let me know. I trust this shop. All five of the techs including the owner has worked on all of our cars/trucks with no issues before.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did Jasper rebuild it? My friend has nothing but problems with his Jasper transmission in his Dodge diesel went thru like 3 of them.

Wow! As far as I know, it' hasn't been touched before I had the filter changed. I had a Jasper transmission replaced in an C3500 a year and half ago and it hasn't giving me any problems. And I drive the piss out of it. I was curious if anyone had a Ford 6 speed done and liked it.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He pulls a big 5th wheel and it went out on him once in Ohio and twice in Texas. He drives fairly slow and easy. Cost him 6 grand to have it put in.

There is a very reputable transmission shop near me that I planned calling next week. Ill aee what theyll charge for a rebuild using my transmission. I've looked up the price on the Jasper site and it's pushing $5K for a swap.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost sounds like the filter o ring is messed up or it is low on fluid. Might check the fluid for aeration. Newer Ford transmissions are pretty stout- I wouldn't hesitate to put a low-mileage used one in one of my vehicles. I wouldn't want to go with a reman one because they are hit-and-miss.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a very reputable transmission shop near me that I planned calling next week. Ill aee what theyll charge for a rebuild using my transmission. I've looked up the price on the Jasper site and it's pushing $5K for a swap.
I used to think Jasper was very reputable but after hearing all his troubles I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Followup on transmission issue. I drive 9 miles total, to and from work. Transmission would never get up to operating temperature, per the gauge. So, one day after work I decided to go out and drive the cobwebs out it. Maybe, a total of 50 miles. I found out the speed limiter is set at 97 mph. I thought I had blew the engine. 🤣 Anyways, no more transmission issues since I did this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom