Jogger fights off and kills mountain lion with bare hands..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And as Paul Harvey would say. And the rest of the story:

Mountain lion Colorado runner killed was young kitten, officials say
Nicole Darrah10 hours ago
Video
The mountain lion a Colorado runnerclaimed to have killed in January was a young kitten, according to wildlifeofficials.

Travis Kauffman, 31, strangled and bludgeoned the cat to death on Feb. 4 at Horsetooth Mountain Open Space in Larimer County, Colorado Parks and Wildlife said in a necropsy report published by Fox affiliate KDVR.

MAN SAYS KILLING MOUNTAIN LION WITH BARE HANDS 'WAS JUST LIKE A WRESTLING MATCH'

The mountain lion was determined to be around 3 to 4 months old and weighed 24 pounds at the time of its necropsy. The animal was scavenged after its death.

Kauffman told reporters earlier this monththat he engaged in what was "just like a wrestling match" with the lion, after it attacked him while he was running alone.

The cat lunged at him, and latched its jaw onto his right wrist, according to Kauffman. He said he tried to protect his face as the mountain lion clawed at him. Eventually, both Kauffman and the cat tumbled down a slope.

He tried to throw sticks at the lion, but they were rotten and breaking. He eventually picked up a large rock and tried to hit the cat in the head with it. Kauffman said he was able to transition his body weight, moving his right leg up toward his wrist, and eventually was able to step on the cat's neck — suffocating it.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

After the incident, Kauffman said he was on a "crazy high" and began to run toward civilization. As he ran, he said he noticed lion tracks and realized his surroundings were "perfect lion territory."

Kauffman ended up receiving 19 stitches along his left cheek, another six stitches on the bridge of his nose and three stitches on his wrist (where the lion's mouth was). Kauffman said he had several puncture wounds from the cat's teeth and claws but otherwise felt "great" as he recovered from the attack.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Average size for a Oklahoma bobcat........I'd still not want to wrestle with it. This old tom was 38lbs iirc.
2014-01-05_13-25-58_459.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Average size for a Oklahoma bobcat........I'd still not want to wrestle with it. This old tom was 38lbs iirc.
View attachment 133027

Holy Smokes, that's AWESOME! What do you do with one that size in a trap? Do you kill 'em or catch and release, or what? My son would be beside himself with that thing sittin' there.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thought I had some video of some caught in cages but cant locate them. They're really pissy when you walk up there lol. .22 short to the skull or choke them out with a catch pole, they've got small lungs and expire very quickly. I released every female I've caught for probably the last ten years or so. Just open the door and they run off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom