July Practical Rfile Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Next Saturday, July 3rd, is the regularly scheduled Practical Rifle Match at Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club. Check in will begin at 0900, walk through will commence at 1000, and we will be shooting by 1030. Cost is $12 for non-members and $10 for members. Round count will be @70 rounds Rifle, and @20 Pistol.
There will be 5 stages total.
The weather is looking to be very hot, we will have water coolers on the stages but please be sure to bring sunscreen, appropriate clothing, and any additional drinks you would like (soft drinks are available for sale at the range).
These Matches are some of the most enjoyable you can attend. So bring a friend and join the fun.
Set up will begin at 0700 sharp in case anyone wants to come out early and help set up.
If you would like further information, please feel free to ask.
Dave

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TWSS has been telling me about these matches. It sounds like a lot of fun. I won't be able to make it this weekend, but are M1 Carbines allowed and which class do they fall in? Approximately how many 15rd mags should get 'r done? How many 8rd pistol mags?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
TWSS has been telling me about these matches. It sounds like a lot of fun. I won't be able to make it this weekend, but are M1 Carbines allowed and which class do they fall in? Approximately how many 15rd mags should get 'r done? How many 8rd pistol mags?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks

1. M-1 Carbines fall into the Curio and Relic catagory/ class and are fine to use
2. Stages typically run no more than 18 rounds and incoporate 1 mag change
3. 3 pistol mags would be plenty
We look forward to you coming out and enjoying our Match.
Dave

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had another good shoot today. Here are a few pics.

If you have thought about making it, but havn't. You really should come out. It is no more expensive than a day at the range, but way better, and you get to meet some of the good guys.

Here is Arenathlete tearing it up.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Here is the only picture of me that Arenathlete took. He is a terrible friend and an even worse co-worker. JK. Sort of. :NO:

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom