Just finished the TDSA Advanced Combat Shotgun Course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a member of this forum for several years but don't find the need to post often. I do feel compelled to share the awesome weekend I just had in the TDSA Advanced Combat Shotgun Course. The instructors at TDSA taught me things that I didn't know could be done with a scatter gun, from head-shots at home defense distances with OO buckshot to 50 yard shots with slugs and tons in between. The instructors are highly skilled, very knowledgeable, and overall great guys. I found the course to be practical for self offense/defense and competition. I even learned some great tips that can be used for upland bird hunting. My only regret is that I've waiting so long to take this class as I've been shooting shotguns forever but, in just two days with TDSA, my defensive, combat shooting, and hunting skill set increased several fold. I've spent lots of money on firearm training in the past and definitely consider TDSA's Advanced Combat Shotgun class to be some of the best time and money spent. Definitely Two thumbs up.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think FBI , Eric, and Marshall ran this one.

If I wasnt out bringing home trophies and representing TDSA , Id have been there too!

FBI (Lance) ran a pump gun, I think......
[Broken External Image]

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lance was the primary instructor and Marshall road shotgun. I've had been blessed to receive instruction from some great instructors in the past and can now add Lance to that list. First rate!

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure you bring those newly learned shotgun skills out to shoot 3 gun with us in July at OKC gun club.

You also need to be shooting in the big high plains shotgun challenge that the Redneck Tactical instructors from OK & TX put on at okcgc. I think the match next year will be in June.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear exceptionally good things about the TDSA shotgun course. I do have one question:

How pump friendly is the class? Olyeller's comment that one of the instructors ran a pump gun suggests they are GTG, but I wanted to ask specifically.

I am without a shotgun right now after some bad experiences with a Remington (sporting) auto. Not a confidence inspiring gun. :( I realize there are tough, reliable autos out there but I do not have $800 to $1000 to spend on a base gun. Besides, I kinda like the feel of the slide action. Used to have a plain jane 870 a few years ago. It ran well and I was dumb to sell it.

I am thinking I'll buy a basic, tough 870 or 590A1, familiarize with it and then take TDSA's class in 2011.

Would I be behind the learning curve with a pump?

Latest posts

Top Bottom