Just finished the TDSA Advanced Combat Shotgun Course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear exceptionally good things about the TDSA shotgun course. I do have one question:

How pump friendly is the class? Olyeller's comment that one of the instructors ran a pump gun suggests they are GTG, but I wanted to ask specifically.

I am without a shotgun right now after some bad experiences with a Remington (sporting) auto. Not a confidence inspiring gun. :( I realize there are tough, reliable autos out there but I do not have $800 to $1000 to spend on a base gun. Besides, I kinda like the feel of the slide action. Used to have a plain jane 870 a few years ago. It ran well and I was dumb to sell it.

I am thinking I'll buy a basic, tough 870 or 590A1, familiarize with it and then take TDSA's class in 2011.

Would I be behind the learning curve with a pump?

I dont think you would at all. Ive never taken the class but if you check out TDSAs website they have videos and pics of instructors as well as students running pumps. As common as 870s and 500s and 590s are, I dont see how the class could be taught without spending time on them. And rest assured that neither pumps no autos will be neglected in a TDSA class. Marshall has enough instructors present at every class to give each student the individual attention they need.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very true.
You see more pumps at the class and you'll usually see a benelli or two at each class. You will get pretty salty with a pump gun if you take the class with one. It's a thing of beauty though, to watch a benelli being put through the paces. My M1, with reasonable maintainence, will do anything a pump can do, and is more reliable, accurate, and faster than any pump out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom