Just for GM Thunder...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crappy Cell-phone pics, I know. I'll have the camera back as soon as the wife gets home tomorrow and I'll post up some better pics then.

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_BlackWater_PIC_0014.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_BlackWater_PIC_0015.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_BlackWater_PIC_0016.jpg

That's right - its a Sig P226 Blackwater Tactical Combat Threaded barrel. I don't know if you can cram more $#!+ onto a Sig handgun, but I'd be impressed to see it. Honestly, I think when I actually fire this gun, it might just divide by zero and destroy us all.

My issue with these two guns was that they both had pretty, hard-to-replace finishes on parts of them (the FDE finish is a send-back to sig and pay for it to be re-applied for an outlandish fee, and I haven't been able to find out if they'll even re-do the Blackwater logo on the slide or sell the Blackwater grips).

I hate having more than one or two safe-queen (pretty) guns that I can't really use, so I combined the slide/grips off of the blackwater onto the frame/barrel of the combat and it gets shot at the range but babied for the most part and stays loaded for home defense (i.e. not in and out of a holster).

Also, by combining all of this stuff into one gun, the left over parts actually make a very nice gun to go shoot some matches (as soon as my new Raven Holster comes in). Its got the beavertail of the blackwater, checkered front-strap and front of the trigger guard, and now a finish on both the slide and frame that can be scuffed, etc... and I can just get them refinished (sure the frame might not be Nitrolined, but I can get something like Robar, Ceracoat, etc... and sleep just fine at night).

I'm actually trying to find an X5 mag-well to put on this one (if it will work).

Here it is (with some digital camo grips that I got for the combat once upon a time):

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_BlackWater_PIC_0017.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:D I like em. I won't lie, the SUPERDUPER Stainless tactical Elite P220s have caught my eye.

FWIW, VZ grips is now making G10s for Sigs and they look sweet but they are pricey.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:D I like it. I won't lie, the SUPERDUPER Stainless tactical Elite P220s have caught my eye.

Are you sayin' my gun's not fancy enough for your scorn?

I won't lie - the X5 Tactical and the Sig 210 (with Nil grips and God help me in stainless if I can ever afford one) are on my lottery list as well as a few 1911s like the ones you own.