Just passing thru

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, I am from Minnesota, and am goin to be down in OK in a little over a week to visit the family and do a little hunting and fishing. I'm gonna be staying in Warner and fishing either Tenkiller, or Eufala.

It seems that hunting and fishing forums are a bit of a rarity there in Ok, as opposed to up here and this seems to be the best and most up to date. Anyone know if there are any good places to get a chance at a hog around Warner/Checotah? If it helps, I work up here at Federal Cartridge and may be able to offer a little "bribe".

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to those who have PMed me. Just another question. How are the snakes this time of year? We don't really have em up here, and while I've managed to survive down there in the past in my exploits, my wife is pretty nervous.

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you live in Anoka?......one of my good friends(huge Yankee fan) got transplanted from Syracuse to Oklahoma to Anoka. Well have a good time while you are here:Heya:

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't live in Anoka, I am about thirty minutes north. My mom is originally from Bromide/Tishimingo area, but moved up here. Most of the rest of my family has relocated to the warner or OKC area.

Also if anyone were to be interested in fishing in MN I would be happy to help you along!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is still too cool for the snakes to be very active. There are copperheads and water moccasins over that way but you are not likely to see them.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is still too cool for the snakes to be very active. There are copperheads and water moccasins over that way but you are not likely to see them.

Actually just saw a nice sized copperhead the other day, problem was I was with a bunch of cub scouts so the snake lived to see another day. Lucky for him since the only good snake is a dead one.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now you got him scared doctruptwn. Oh well. Call my brother during the day any time after 9 am. He works for himself and has quite a bit of free time. Be sure and take pictures for us if you get one.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a blessing and a curse that the snakes won't be active. It will make Tutz happy as she won't have to worry so much, but I'd love to bring a couple snake skins home with me! I'm having a custom holster made for my new EAA witness I'm picking up this weekend and a little snakeskin would make a cool addition!

Muleman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll be getting here just in time for some great crappie fishing. They should be on the banks spawning in another week if the weather holds. If you fish Eufaula, and the temperatures are around seventy or above, you might get lucky and spot a diamondback laying in the sun, but they'll be staying close to their dens till about the first of May. Not to scare the Mrs. though, you pretty much have to go looking for them to find them. The further south you go the more likely that they'll be out. Good luck and have fun.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys,glad to see such a friendly forum. My only complaint (be it minor) would be I can't post in the classifieds. I have a real nice S&W 57 that isn't selling up here and would like to post it so it can find a new home.

I'm hoping the crappie fishing is good, and hope to maybe sneak just a little time in chasing some catfish. They are my favorite fish to catch up here, but with the exception of the Red River, the size structure is not as good up here. My biggest Channel is 17lbs and never caught a flatty or blue. Hoping next time I come down I can find someone that will take me noodlin because I have more balls than brains!

Latest posts

Top Bottom