Keeping weight on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbundantEntropy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so my jaw is wired shut due to a sucker punch that broke my jaw in 2 places. I am dropping weight like crazy. My diet is protein shakes, juicing fruits and veggies, miso soup and milkshakes. I can't get anything solid past my teeth so no runny mashed potatoes or applesauce. Got any suggestions for keeping weight on. I'm getting dangerously low on weight and its becoming a concern at week 2 with possibly 4 more weeks wired shut. Pics are on page 4. Makes a lot of people squeamish.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't listen to internet posts. Consult your Doctor. They will have the answer. There are products out there in drinks that can put weight on.

Most on here will say something like put a cheeseburger in a blender for something.

AbundantEntropy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust the blender idea has been contemplated but don't want to waste good food if it won't go through my teeth and watered down hamburger doesn't sound to good. I've tried ensure and its gross to me. I'm tired of gross stuff after all the gross veggies for the inflammation.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something similar happened to me when I was a teenager.
The wires loosened up for me after a while and I could squeeze very small pieces of solid food in.
But, I also have a little bit of an overbite and so I could shove little pieces of solid food underneath the teeth of my upper jaw.
I did put chicken noodle soup in a blender. Seemed to work just fine. Don't think a hamburger will be good...

Healthy weight is also related to your age. Im 62 and when i was a teenager I never got over 180, and i tried! These days my doctor tells me that i am over weight at 195 lbs. I am fit, so he lets me get by at 200~205

Hoddy is right. Best thing to do is to see your Doc.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try to take at least 1gram per pound. Eat some fats, but try to avoid to much sugar. I feel for you. I have never had a broken jaw, but I have had my nose broke 4 times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom