Kriss Vector or Saiga 12?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is really simple to make a saiga 12 extremely reliable. I have owned 5 at least and 2 fed well out of the box. There are 2 issues that affect the saiga. 1st is the gas port. Early saiga guns had 1 or 2 holes, recent guns have 4. This seems like a big issue but it is easy to fix and you can get the gun to run with 1 hole. The most important thing on the saiga is to buff the contact areas of the bolt and bolt carrier. This is simple to do with compound and a buffing wheel and there is little to no risk of making a mistake. If you buy a vepr you may still need to do a fluff and buff. I did a saga 12 pistol grip conversion last week and was a little nervous. I found it was easier than working on a 10/22. Cost of s12 $500, cost of conversion and reliability $250 including bad ass quad rail. $750 total versus the rest. it is a question of budget. If anyone out there has a saiga that does not feed and wants to get rid of it, please please let me know. I will gladly take the POS off your hands. I haven't shot the Kriss and I do want one really bad. This being said inside a home my saiga 12 would be much more effective than the kriss. 20 rounds of buckshot is really hard to deal with in close.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both are awesome. If you get the Kriss make sure to buy the sdp(pistol version) send in the paperwork for the sbr and then add the stock. If you buy the carbine it's a pain to short barrel. The Barrel is pressed in and I know of one guy in Missouri that sbr's them. The stock costs about $125. If you get the saiga, definitely convert it and get the gas system work done to it. Extended kriss Mags are about $55 each, so figure that into your price as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom