Last day of work (Friday) before retirement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What to do now?

Learn how to play bunco with the blue hairs?
Get a subscription to Playboy?
Get a Walmart job application?
Buy an RV?
Ok, maybe a Super Class C?
Travel?
Subscribe to Netfix?
Watch soaps all day?
Call it quits and just wait for death?
Rejoice that I'm on Medicare?

Your new job is to start living for yourself, not working for someone else and not thinking about working for some company. Thank the Lord that you lived thru all the work related stuff and have made it to retirement. Hopefully you have an awesome mate to share the rest of your life with, if not get out there and find one. The RV thing is a great idea.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can become a crazy conspiracy theorist. May be too many of those.

I personally have too much I want to do to work all day. By bank account and wife disagree.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the retirement. Come June 30, we will have been retired for 7 years. Travel, taking pictures, enjoying life...

...then a "member" contacted me one day and said, "I've seen you comment that you used to be a professional driver. Would you like to be one again?"

God didn't tell me to say no, so wife and I now have a great summer job. We get paid to drive around different states doing road condition surveys and seeing new country. The only drawback to the summer gig is that when working, I can't stop to take pictures.

Retirement is great, even if all one is doing is living life to the fullest that then can (or want.)

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no better way to make a living than being comfortably retired. All I have to do is check my accounts online to verify that the checks have been deposited. Congratulations!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations. You will now have the time to do all those things you thought about doing, "if I just had the time".

Start a hobby, volunteer with an organization, travel, mow your own lawn, whatever, just enjoy your life and those around you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom