Lawton FGST Lunch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did it seem any different than Texas Roadhouse or about the same?
It's been a while since we went to either so may have changed, but it seemed the menu was more variety at Texas Roadhouse. On the other hand, their fried onions were positively floating in oil.

One place that we REALLY will need to check out soon is WiseGuys in Cache Road Square when they open. I understand that on Tuesdays, they will be giving a 10% discount if you show your Concealed Carry permit. I figure if they are going to be gun positive, we might want to reciprocate.
Cool beans - sounds like a plan!

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been to Santa Fe several times. I have notices their portion size has been reduced. And they no longer serve onion blossoms, I really like those. They have descent Texas toothpicks but the portion size has been reduced by 50%. I like to get my money worth.

I have tried all the steak houses in Lawton, they each have good and bad points. I found they all have one Achilles heal they are strapped to the size of steak to be competitive in todays economy. I find that I don't even shop for meat in the stores but rather buy my meat at the slaughter houses, or slaughter my own meat.

Maybe I have been spoiled, I have lived in the country so long that a steak is one inch thick charred on the surface and bloody in the middle, smothered with sautéed onions, jalapenos, and mushrooms. With a large side of steamed vegetables. As they said in Cowboy Way "Whack off its horns, wipe its nasty butt. And plop it down on the plate."

But no matter the restaurant or their theme I go to the lunches for the company. The cheaper I can eat the more ammo I can buy.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mind going cheap! Fast food restaurants would be the cheapest but I think seating us together becomes the limiting factor

If you really want to eat cheap, go to the Garcia DFAC on post. Lots of food for your money and plenty of seating for large groups. Our unit has held many luncheons there. Unfortunately, we can't all use the DFAC.

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does appear to be a weekly conundrum. Cheap, good food and plenty of seating does not seem to be variables that easily fit into one equation. Yet the fat guys seem to over come this feat and tackle each obstacle on a weekly basis. Even though I am new, I find this to be awesome and look forward to the lunches.

I would venture to say, put the fat guys in charge in D.C. and all three branches of government will begin working like a well oiled machine. Would be like a 600 yard range with 12 firing positions in the shade where every target is equipped with 5 pounds of tannerite, and we all have NFA weapons to shoot.

Though all in fun and jest I will see you guys Friday.

2ndand21st

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello, anyone that is in Lawton or around Comanche county compete in or know of any shooting competitions?
I would like to meet you guys @ Pizza Hut but I to have not yet found the way onto the Obama gravy train and have to work. I may be able to make it, however my boss is in my store tomorrow and I don't know when he will be heading out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom