LCR vs J frame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking to buy one of these as my next purchase. Opinions on the LCR and the S&W 442 would be appreciated. I have been leaning to the LCR, but this little birdie, Druryj, says stick with the 442. whatcha think?

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a LCR at a gunshow NIB on a Saturday. Messed with it for about 3 days and sold it, just didn't like the feel of it. Joel is right get the 442, or even better yet IMO get a Humpback Model 38. When I'm not carrying my 1911, I just drop this thing down in my front pocket and am good to go.
[Broken External Image]

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My personal favorite J frame is the model 60. I prefer all steel in my guns, the added weight is negligible and the added shoot ability is tremendous IMHO.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like both and I have had both. I kept the LCR, because my wife carries it alot. It is very light and easy to carry. Both are good for a carry gun.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Biggsly said:
I like both and I have had both. I kept the LCR, because my wife carries it alot. It is very light and easy to carry. Both are good for a carry gun.

My wife is another factor in the decision. She did not like the trigger on the S&W. She is a Glock girl. I want her to be comfortable with it also

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shooting them side by side I did not notice a big difference. That being said, I would have to carry them both on alternating days to actually make a decision on which I prefer. I want to say LCR, but I dunno. Very close.

My personal opinion is, that if Ruger came out with a gun and it automatically became a contender for the best pocket revo slot, then I say they did a good job. The trigger would probably push me over the hump to the Ruger, but like I said, too close.

Latest posts

Top Bottom