Lee Classic Loader..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Should have the priming arm attached to the frame.

Good catch SMS. I didn't realize it wasn't included. You have to buy this part here for $11 to prime with that press.

I have that press, or one very similar, but I've never tried to prime with it (have other presses that I do that with), so I'd never realized it wasn't part of it.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good catch SMS. I didn't realize it wasn't included. You have to buy this part here for $11 to prime with that press.

I have that press, or one very similar, but I've never tried to prime with it (have other presses that I do that with), so I'd never realized it wasn't part of it.

Really. Well that sucks.
I think I'll zip them off an email and let them know how sucky I think that is.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother had one for .38/357 back when I was in high school. I loaded a bunch of rounds with it.

Around '74 I bought one for .243. I still have it and sometimes use it, probably will use it today.

They do not full length resize, just neck size. At least for rifle cartridges. Not sure about straight wall pistol calibers. Anyway, the cases you reload on a Lee Classic are basically fireformed for the rifle they were shot out of. This makes for some very accurate reloads. My old Browning BAR has shot some near 1/2 inch groups with Lee Classic reloads.

I can reload just as fast with the Classic as I can with a single stage press.

And it's great to take to the range with you.

The Classic produced a world record benchrest group that stood for a whole lot of years.

Priming is probably the toughest part of the learning curve for the Classic. You'll probably pop a primer or two until you learn by sound and feel when the primer is seated.

Some folks badmouth the dipper, but if you follow the instructions you can throw very accurate and consistent powder charges with it. Just don't use a powder not listed for the dipper.

tulsadave2003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DO NOT USE A CLASSIC RELOADER FOR A SEMI-AUTOMATIC

a classic loader is good for brass that YOU have personally fired out of a bolt gun, as the above poster said they come out very accurate rounds, as it only forms the neck, however if you try this with an ar 15 two out of 5 rounds wont even chamber becuase it hasnt been full length resized, ask me how i know ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom