LEO traffic question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just this past weekend I had an impaired driver (drunk or mental ?) stopping at green lights, driving through reds and taking bridges in the FAR lane (well into incoming). A quick dial to 911, along with a vehicle description and tag number, got the job done.

A couple years back an oncoming drunk (surprise! on a curve) ran me well onto the shoulder of a dark narrow state highway. You bet I turned it around and went back after them. Again a call to 911 got results. That one was way too goofy, running a couple more vehicles off the road, to get close enough for me to get the tag. I just followed at a safe distance until the LE came up, got enough for probable cause and then hit the take-down lights. I stayed around long enough (at a safe distance) to make sure the singe LE had the dude cuffed and stuffed before leaving myself.

I do think that all citizens have a responsibility to immediately report obvious menaces to 911.

Boatcephus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buzz, I may know ya. Were you coming home on Hwy 20 that night on Keetonville Hill from Owasso? Had left a friend's house and this idiot ran us off the road. Heard earlier the couple behind us turned and followed them and got the drunk "detained". If that was you, I still owe you a beer. That guy scared the hayell outta us and would have hit us head on if I hadn't gone to the ditch.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buzz, I may know ya. Were you coming home on Hwy 20 that night on Keetonville Hill from Owasso? Had left a friend's house and this idiot ran us off the road. Heard earlier the couple behind us turned and followed them and got the drunk "detained". If that was you, I still owe you a beer. That guy scared the hayell outta us and would have hit us head on if I hadn't gone to the ditch.

I used to drive Hwy 20 between Keetonville Hill to Owasso everyday. Saw some really stupid drivers on 20 over the years. Don't think that was me though. My little drunk encounter was on Scenic 412 out in the hills not too far from the AR line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom