Let talk about outdoor wireless security cameras.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried several things. For my critical areas I have hardwired 2k/4k cameras. I like Reolink, and have some HikVision as well. I think I have some EZViz as well.

My current wireless ones are semi-Amazon-Specials which are 2k O-Kam models. Solid battery life, wireless, easy setup and takes a microSD card. 4 of mine came with solar panels, 4 did not. These are ones that I just keep in a box until a project comes up. Like right now with fence work going on I slapped a couple in the backyard that wouldn't normally be there. I think these systems would retail for like 150-200 per 4 cams.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The SNs are just inside the battery cover...or they were on mine.
As I said they were hidden inside. It doesn’t say anywhere to pop it open as search inside.

You must've just ordered 4 stand-alone cameras instead of the system.

Nope I bought the Blink 4 camera and it came with a Mini 2 camera for a total of two cameras.

See quote below.

I just bought the Blink 4 + Mini 2 for $49 guess I’ll see how they work.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[

Now it says I have to buy a sync module. Why wasn’t that mentioned when I bought it?
Another day or two waiting on that to arrive. Kinda getting pissed at this simple installation.

Yep I thought that was awful cheap price you mentioned. You have to buy the initial system that would probably include the sync module and 1 camera. Then you can add cameras as many as you please. Download the free app. Follow the instructions with it. Then to add a camera open it up to install batteries. There is usually a QR code that you can scan to make almost automatic
[/QUOTE]

Got the app downloaded first thing. Just can’t do crap until the module arrives tomorrow. I kinda expected it to be a joke. Only I’m not laughing this morning.

We’ll see what nightmares wait after the most important module arrives tomorrow.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also I keep my blink module and my router on an UPS battery backup like the one for my computer. That way a power outage or blink does not take the system down.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Problem comes in with the new ones I purchased from Wyze all seem to not be working. Checked online and others are having the same problems with them and no customer support with a fix.

I'm not a fanboy for any company or product but I do have 21 Wyze cameras (three different generations of their pan/tilt model) deployed across three locations and they all work great so I'm curious what Wyze model you purchased that wasn't working?

I went with Wyze because a friend showed me her home camera and I thought the picture was great. Then when I found out it was only about $35 per camera with tilt and zoom I started buying, replacing all my old D-Link ones. I only had one problem ever with one and support sent me out a replacement promptly.

I see later in this thread you purchased some Blink cameras. I have those, too, and they work decently but kind of differently. Like, if you want to just get alerts and view the alert video or check in on something very sporadically the Blink ones are great. You just cannot sit on them and view things though like you can your Wyze door cam and other powered cameras that maintain their own wifi connection.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate having to have a subscription to an alarm system, they’ll add to or offer more and the end result is that it costs more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom